Howdie Family and Friends - here are the going ons in the life of me. Stew shows up frequently. My family and friends visit a lot. My nieces and nephews are represented throughout. It's all about me and how I'm traveling along in this thing I call my life.

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Thankful Thursday

Today's issue of Thankful Thursday happens to fall on Stew's birthday.  So, I thought, I'd focus on him.  Here's 7 things about Stew I am thankful for:

1.  His sense of humor - no matter how bad of a mood I am in, no matter what the situation, he makes me laugh.  We can be silly together.  We can laugh about things that some may not find funny, but one of the greatest things about our relationship is the amount of time we spend laughing.

2.  Patience - In this area, I could learn a lot.  Even in the most trying of times, Stew is patient.  He doesn't let the trivial rattle him.  He fully embraces the fact that if you don't have control over something, then let it go.  No amount of worrying or anger or any other emotion is going to change things that no one has control over - just let it go, accept it, move on.  His never-ending patience both with the world around us and with me makes me thankful every day.

3.  The fact that he is family oriented.  This was very important to me when thinking about marrying someone.  I'm super close to my family and my husband needed to be as well.  Seeing how he interacted with his family and how he embraced mine - it still makes me tear up. 

4.  His love of sports - It's something we share, though, honestly, I'm not as into sports as Stew is.  I can't quote statistics off the top of my head but I love the fact that he can.  I love that he knows something about everything.  I love that he introduced me to hockey.  Some women might find it annoying or frustrating that their husband or boyfriend is constantly watching sports - that's not me.  I've watched sports all of my life and I'm extremely thankful that I've found a husband that can share those passions with me.

5.  He's so freaking smart.  I learn stuff from him every day.  We can talk about sports or we can talk about politics or we can talk about science or really anything at all and he understands it and knows about it.  I love his brain.

6.  He's so supportive - of his family, of his friends, of me.  Anything I wish to do, he wants to find a way to make it happen.  Anyone needs a helping hand, he's first in line. 

7.  And you know, you can't have a gratitude list about your spouse without focusing on the physical.  Despite his self-deprecating ways, I think he's hot as hell.  I especially love his eyes.  If we ever have kids, I'm going to pray that I have a recessive gene so there's a chance they'll get Stew's eyes.  They're not quite green, they're not quite brown, they're a myriad of colors.  They're mesmerizing.  I love his legs.  Our first time out bowling, I couldn't stop looking at his legs.  So sexy!  And, I love that he's tall.  I can wear heels and still be shorter  than him - love that.

Happy Birthday, my love.  For these reasons and so many more I'm so thankful to have found you.

No comments:

Post a Comment