Howdie Family and Friends - here are the going ons in the life of me. Stew shows up frequently. My family and friends visit a lot. My nieces and nephews are represented throughout. It's all about me and how I'm traveling along in this thing I call my life.

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Journal: January 15, 2012

Damn Ravens.  Sigh.  Though, I do have a thought.  Maybe if they win it all this year, Ray Lewis and Ed Reed will retire.  I can dream about that as a balm to the hurt I feel as the Ravens continue forward in the playoffs.

And ummm, Green Bay, I don't know where in the world you left your defense, but the Giants owned you.  What a freaking let down.

So as to football, I say, Let's go 49ers.

There were some other things going on today that weren't football related.

The family came over to celebrate Stew's birthday, which gave us an opportunity to celebrate Laura's birthday and to give WTK his birthday and Christmas presents.  Christmas around here is going to last until February - does that mean I can just leave the tree up until then?  I wish.

WTK loved his gifts.  He got a small red garbage truck and this sign:

If that doesn't fit that kid to a t, I'm not sure what does....

The gifts that Stew got for his birthday were hilarious.  Matt and Frank are evil - just plain evil - but what else would you expect.  And Stew's parents aren't any better.  Stew's parents brought him a battery operated candle to put on his cake


He did also get to blow out real candles (imagine that) and WTK was there to help.

The gifts though - too, too funny.  I took pictures of all of them and they're uploaded to our smugmug account, but just to tell a few things:

1.  Matt's card played the song by Johnny Cash, Ring of Fire.  For those of you that don't know this song - the lyrics go something like this:  

I fell into a burnin' ring of fire
I went down, down, down
And the flames went higher,
And it burns, burn, burns,
The ring of fire, the ring of fire

There's a video of the song playing from the card on smugmug.

2.   The rest of Matt's gifts included:  Lava Soap, Degree deodorant (it's heat activated), Cheetos Flamin' Hot cheese curls, Boomer the Fire Truck, Sunscreen, Aloe Vera gel, oven mitts, Baking Soda, the book The Girl who Played with Fire (though Matt put a label through Girl - and wrote Guy, making the title of the book The Guy who Played with Fire).  Matt also got Stew some chocolate covered pretzels.

3.  Frank's gifts included a card that said "hot dog", a Hello Kitty rescue kit complete with ice packs, the Michael Jackson album Thriller (due to the fact that Stew and Michael Jackson both set themselves on fire - and apparently this is the second time Frank has purchased this album for Stew, the first time it was on vinyl), a 12 pack of retro Pepsi (sticking with the Michael Jackson theme), Potato Sticks (since we should keep Stew away from the fryer), and an action figure of the human torch.  Stew also got peanut butter filled pretzels.

The jokes of the day all centered around the fire.  Evil - did I mention that.  I can't remember most of the jokes, I was too busy laughing or hiding my face in shock to write any of them down, but I remember Stew holding red tissue paper and in the tradition of Airplane, Frank asked him what he could make with it.  Stew, without missing a beat said, "I can make fire."  Frank took to calling him "Scorch" and referred to his hands as KFC thigh meat - "well done" and "extra crispy".  And maybe the evilest thing of the day, Frank told him to die in a fire.  Stew said, "Tried that."  There's something inherently wrong with these Huminski boys.  Though, if you have met their father it all makes sense.  Mom's going to be granted sainthood just for putting up with the lot of them.

WTK had his own funny moments.  He says "toodleloo" when he leaves a room.  I asked him if he would pose for a picture and he told me, "I'm out of here."  He also informed me that I need to take my tree down because Christmas is over - drats on that keeping it up to Valentine's Day plan.

BMH was wearing an Adam Lambert tshirt.  She and I are going to his concert when he tours.  I freaking love him.  I'm the aunt already assigned to take the girls to the teenybopper shows - fine by me.  We're going to have a blast.



FGH was his bratty self.  I just love aggravating that kid and since he enjoys aggravating me back - no issues there.  He spent a good portion of the day entertaining WTK with the toys - wish I had pictures of that, they were cute together.  


GDH was missed as was her mom, Kelly.  CEH sure is giving Kelly hell.  That kid better get here soon so that Kelly can start feeling better.

Monica was also under the weather and so was missed.  Hopefully, we'll see those who weren't there soon.

I completely messed up WTK's birthday card.  He's five.  FIVE.  His card had a bunch of fours on it.  No wonder he was confused.  Oh well, just gives me an opportunity to make him another card.  He's special that way.

The day was a lot of fun and Stew truly enjoyed himself.  The day wore him out, but I didn't hear any complaints about that.



No comments:

Post a Comment