Howdie Family and Friends - here are the going ons in the life of me. Stew shows up frequently. My family and friends visit a lot. My nieces and nephews are represented throughout. It's all about me and how I'm traveling along in this thing I call my life.

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Journal, January 26, 2012

Stew and I spent most of our time today at Johns Hopkins Bayview.  Stew had a therapy appointment and then on to see the doctor.  I love waiting almost 2 hours for an appointment and seeing the doctor for 35 seconds.  It puts me in a fine mood, let me tell you.

Let's start with therapy.  His therapist continues to be happy about his progress in strength and mobility.  The numbers for today (all weights stayed the same):

Steering Wheel
Right: +6%
Left: +13%

Doorknob
Right: +20%
Left: +1%

Screwdriver
Right: +15%
Left: -6% (but this is due to a positioning error on the machine, so the result isn't accurate.)

Key
Right: +63% (another machine error in the tension, so the result isn't accurate.)
Left: +10%

The off to the doctor which was more like sitting in the waiting room.  In the 35 seconds it took the doctor to look at Stew's hands, he said that both of them look fine.  He expects them to return to their natural color with time.  No more dressings for the right hand - leave it open to air.  Continue PT.  Wear the compression gloves 23 hours a day and he's been released to return to work and to driving - all with no conditions.  He'll go back to work on Monday.  We picked up his compression gloves, got his paperwork signed, and was out of there. 

Steve came over tonight to help me get the storage bins down from the attic so I can finally take down these Christmas decorations.  As Stew pointed out, there is a house in our neighborhood whose lights are still lit and whose tree is still in the window - so I shouldn't feel too bad, right?  Yeah, nice try.  I'm sick of looking at these decorations now and want them in the attic where they belong.

Steve stayed for dinner.  He's lamenting the fact that his girlfriend has returned to school.  He says he's going to be bored, depressed and lonely for the next 4 months.  I told him that he ought to get better grades since he's not going to be distracted by the girl.  He tells me that he got 2 Bs last semester and I want him to do better??  I told him, "mom moment - I'm allowed."  LOL.

For dinner I made chicken risotto in the slow cooker.  It turned out very well.  It was enjoyed by all and Steve's got a few meals in the form of leftovers.

We spent some time chatting with Steve and then after he left we made a 7-11 run - damn Hot Fries and Slurpies.  Just too addicted.  Next week we'll put an end to the 7-11 runs. 

Watched DVR'ed shows:

Top Chef, Texas:  Agreed with who went home.  Only 5 chefs remain and I still don't have a favorite.  I guess if I had to pick, it would be Ed.

Criminal Minds:  Love the Hoch.  Interesting episode this week. 

Project Runway, All Stars:  Can't believe the person kicked off this week - really thought it should have been the other girl.  Mondo's my favorite in this one.  Love Rami, too, though. 

Archer:  Just no words for this show.  We watch it just because we spend 30 minutes saying to ourselves, "did they just say that on tv?"  Tonight for instance, Archer says to Lana, "Look on the bright side."  Lana asks, "What's the bright side?"  Archer replies, "I don't know; it's a figure of speech."  Not really one of the more out there jokes - but I'm so using that some day.

Big Bang Theory:  Not such a good episode.  Not enough Sheldon I think.  Though, Stew and his bad jokes (if they can even be called jokes).  Leonard comes in to see Sheldon continuing his Fun with Flags video series.  Sheldon is dressed out in the traditional German clothing - Leonard turns around and walked out.  Stew said, "Do you know what Leonard said just then?"  I said, "What?"  So Stew says, "Lederhosen."  Oh Stew - sigh.....

Dad called tonight to check on Stew - or more to check on the NASCAR fantasy league.  Who is starting it?  The season is starting soon.  I swear I could hear the pout from across the room.  These boys and their fantasy sports.  I'm sure that Stew will take care of this issue, post haste!  If only I could get him to take out the trash on such a routine schedule....

That was about it and it's time for me to be calling it a night.  Going to pick up the little GEP monster in the morning to take him to school.  This time I'll remember to warm up the car and to not leave the house before 8:30 on the dot.  Although, GEP was almost in for a rude awakening as my therapy appointment for tomorrow was scheduled for 9 - so I would have had to have him at school as soon as the doors opened at 8:30 to make sure that I could get to my appointment on time.  He was saved though as my therapist moved my appointment to noon.


No comments:

Post a Comment