Howdie Family and Friends - here are the going ons in the life of me. Stew shows up frequently. My family and friends visit a lot. My nieces and nephews are represented throughout. It's all about me and how I'm traveling along in this thing I call my life.

Friday, January 13, 2012

Journal: January 13, 2012

Today is Friday the thirteenth.  I've also heard that it is near to a full moon.  Ohhhh spooky.  That is if you believe in that type of thing.  I don't particularly believe in superstition.  I will fly on Friday the thirteenth, I routinely walk under ladders, though one thing you can find me avoiding from time to time is walking on a crack or a line in the sidewalk.

Today signified Stew's first social foray out of the house since his injury.  We had an enjoyable lunch with the "lunch crew" of his coworkers.  There were many injury stories, many burn and/or fire related jokes, much workplace gossip and even some Ravens/Steelers rivalry going on.  What an enjoyable time!  One of the things I miss the most about working at Hopkins is the camaraderie of the team.  Working from home or on the road really doesn't parlay into that sort of atmosphere and while most of the time I'm pretty solitary, being around Stew's coworkers reminded me how fun my days with my Hopkins' coworkers were.  Anyway, the lunch was awesome.  We went to Red Robin and a number of people from SSA joined us.  Stew is well and truly loved and some even made a special trip to see him even though they telecommute on Friday.  I think that next Friday will find us doing the same thing.

His coworkers put together a get well basket for him.  Sigh.  Of course, his work girlfriend, Toni, put it in a purple basket - she's getting that back.  Spray painted black and yellow (I can't say gold, I just can't, the color is yellow).  His coworkers were beyond generous.  They raided his Amazon gift list and gave him so many television series and movies - I'm sure it'll keep him busy for awhile.

After lunch, we headed out to Target to pick up birthday presents for our little WTK's birthday.  What do you get the kid who has everything?  I was on the phone with his mom the entire time.  We found some things that I think he'll like.  We also picked up two new Wii games - one for Stew and one for GEP.  We got the NASCAR game for Stew and, hahahahaha, we got the Wipe Out game for GEP.  I can't wait to see the look on his face when we give it to him.  Wipe Out is his favorite show of all time.  Sadistic child.  Loves seeing others make complete fools of themselves and if it is his father doing it, he laughs even harder.

From Target, we went to Home Depot and picked up the cabinet to go over the stove.  Step one of the kitchen remodel complete.  Well, if demolish is step one, then step two is done and step one is halfway done.  Yay, that makes me feel better.

The night found Stew watching movies from his gift basket and me in my craft room.  We ended the night watching Rome.  Just the first episode.  We're not sure what we think yet.  I couldn't figure out how all of the characters tie in together yet.  We'll have to watch some more before we figure out if we like it or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment