Howdie Family and Friends - here are the going ons in the life of me. Stew shows up frequently. My family and friends visit a lot. My nieces and nephews are represented throughout. It's all about me and how I'm traveling along in this thing I call my life.

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Journal: January 6, 2012

First therapy appointment today.  The therapist took baseline measurements and did some stretching.  She gave Stew instructions on how to do the exercises at home for strength - he has a neat strengthening contraption to use.  It works on rubber band tension.  I should have taken a picture of it.  I will maybe the next time he uses it.  The therapist says that his skin graft looks great and she wants us to stop bandaging it while he's home now so that the skin will start to dry and heal.  The right hand is healing but it's very slow going.  His baseline numbers on his right hand were well off the mark of where they should be, but the therapist says that's to be expected since his hand isn't fully healed yet.  He has his next therapy appointment on Monday.

He says that he's feeling like having visitors now so I've let everyone know.  I think mom and dad will be down this weekend (dad's itching to have Christmas) and Laura, Mike and WTK will be down next weekend.  Boredom is getting to him, but at the same time we don't want him to overdo it.  It's going to be a long process.  Getting better every day...

I learned one thing at Bayview today - valet parking at hospitals sure as hell doesn't work like it does at the Marriott.  I parked with the valet because we were running a bit late and I thought it would save us some time.  Ummm, not even a little bit.  Won't be doing that again.  And even though the clinic validates for parking - valet doesn't take that into consideration.  I'll drop Stew off at the door next time and meet him there.

We got home and did his dressing changes.  The best change I've done yet.  I got him settled and then had my own doctor's appointment.  Picked him up Chick Fil A on my way home - it wasn't all that good.  Going to have to order the stove and microwave soon so that I can cook for him.

The rest of the day we lounged around and napped.  I read for awhile.  Therapy took a lot out of him and I thought it best for the house to just be quiet and calm.

We're looking forward to seeing mom and dad this weekend - though we're sad that we're missing WTK's birthday party.  We'll have to make it up to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment