Howdie Family and Friends - here are the going ons in the life of me. Stew shows up frequently. My family and friends visit a lot. My nieces and nephews are represented throughout. It's all about me and how I'm traveling along in this thing I call my life.

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Journal: January 28, 2012

Where to start in documenting the things that happened today.  We spent the day up at Matt and Kelly's, finally celebrating Christmas with GDH.  And that girl is crazy.  She is constantly on the go and no slowing down for her.  Oh no....there were so many things, so many stories, I'm overwhelmed at the thought of getting them all down.  I do want to thank goodness for my iphone - cause I was able to make some notes which will at least help me to remember.

We hadn't seen GDH since Thanksgiving due to the holidays being pretty much canceled for us, so now that Stew is almost back to being 100%, it was time to go see her.

We had to pick her up some new Christmas gifts as the ones originally purchased were a no go due to the new food allergies (poor little one).

To say that GDH was excited with her present is the understatement of the year.

She had to have it opened immediately.  She told her father, "it has directions on the back.  It says, open it."  So Matt did as he was told.  Stew said, "when Grace said she wanted a turn table, I was thinking she wanted a record player."  Matt said, "that's because you're old."

Grace's dad and uncle spent some time putting together the rest of the tracks for her - two Pollacks putting together a train track, hmmmm, I'm not surprised that one side of it just ended in an abyss of nothing.

Grace spent the next few hours playing with her trains.  Undeterred by the one side of the railway to nowhere.  I was so happy that she liked her toy - it's the best part of gift giving for me, to know the recipient really enjoys what you gave them.

The other thing we learned is that Grace is quite the storyteller.  She was telling us stories constantly.  The best one was about us building a roller coaster (this started because every one was talking about summer plans and Grace said that she wanted to ride the roller coaster).  She kept telling us not to push the green button because that's for emergencies only.  I asked her what the red button was for.  She said, "that's for emergencies, too."  Okay, I'm following, don't push the buttons.  So, we're building a roller coaster outside and she said that we'll need coast to keep us warm.  I said, "but it's cold out there."  She said, "no, no, no," complete with finger wagging, "We have lights."  I could hear the "stupid Aunt Gina" comment even without her saying it.  LOL.



She also likes pretending now that she's a dog.  This was mentioned on Kelly's blog in reference to her building a dog house out of, I think, the stroller's box, but I had no idea how literally Grace is taking being a puppy.  She was crawling around with a ball in her mouth, growling and barking.


When Kelly asked her what her name is, she said, "puppy dog," and she wouldn't be deterred.  Though later in the night we did get to hear her spell Huminski - so cute.

At one point, GDH and I were crawling on the floor together and she tackled me with hugs and kisses - awwwww.

She also enjoys blowing raspberries - it's one of her favorite past times.


At one point during the day, Matt and GDH were throwing a ball.  Kelly told them, no throwing the ball in the house and while she's saying this Matt is urging GDH to throw him the ball.  So Matt put himself in timeout and pretended to cry.  GDH comforted him.

The uncle, the dad and the kid played a lot of hockey.  GDH was so excited every time anyone scored.  I have a good video of this.  Every time she didn't do so good, she would say, "ahhh nuts."  LOL.  At one point, Matt tripped or something and GDH told him, "Watch where you're going team master."

The team master...

She shoots.....
 She scores....


 All three of the hockey players...


Celebrating Uncle Stew's goal...


Being goofy together...

 My favorite picture of maybe all time - look how cute.


Besides all of the GDH happenings, it was great to get caught up with Matt and Kelly.  We talked a little about cravings Kelly is having as she is pregnant with CEH.  Apparently, Whopper Jrs and ham on rye with mustard are on CEH's meals of choice.  When Kelly was pregnant with GDH, it was oranges and pickles.  How strange!!

Stew's favorite commercial of the day was for Kumho tires.  In the commercial, there are a bunch of scantily clad women at the beach.  Can you see Stew's amusement?  If not, I'm not spelling it out for you.


A good day, indeed.  This Aunt needs to rest tomorrow.





No comments:

Post a Comment