Howdie Family and Friends - here are the going ons in the life of me. Stew shows up frequently. My family and friends visit a lot. My nieces and nephews are represented throughout. It's all about me and how I'm traveling along in this thing I call my life.

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Journal: January 2, 2012

Today was a productive day on many fronts.  Phill, Chuck, Mike, and I worked to get the house cleaned up.  Phill is a maniac.  We started early this morning by getting rid of the area rug in the dining room then scraping the congealed grease off of the floor.  Finishing that we realized that we needed buckets and grease remover.  So I headed off to Home Depot.  We went from no buckets to five.  But the crazy thing is, by the time I got back, Phill had the floors mostly washed off.  He had removed the microwave and had moved the stove out from its place.  When Chuck and Mike arrived, the stove made its way to the trash heap.  The walls were washed down (wooohooo for having Chuck there - very few ladders involved), the floors steamed, a ton of dishes cleaned.  We made awesome progress on the house.  Next steps are hiring painters, ordering appliances, getting blinds and a rug.  One step at a time.

The big joke of the day came from Mike who asked if Stew would be prescribed medical marijuana for his pain.  Chuck said, "Could you see Stew stoned?  If he was anymore laid back he would cease to exist."  Too funny, these boys...

More exciting news came when Stew's mom called.  She came down from Jersey today to sit with Stew while I was working to clean up the house.  They took his staples out today and he's due to be released tomorrow provided he meets his therapy goals.  I can't wait to get him home.

Mom ended up coming home with me tonight because I really didn't want her driving home in the dark and she'll go with me to the hospital tomorrow to bring our boy home.  I know he's looking forward to it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment