Howdie Family and Friends - here are the going ons in the life of me. Stew shows up frequently. My family and friends visit a lot. My nieces and nephews are represented throughout. It's all about me and how I'm traveling along in this thing I call my life.

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Thankful Thursday

 
 (photo from MayMay on the EnglishCafe.com message board)

I saw this quote on pinterest and it spoke to me.  So many times, I sit and think that life will be better after this happens or after I do this.  What I hope to do in the future is not focus on what I don't have, but concentrate on what I do have and be thankful for that.  With that line of thought, I'm starting Thankful Thursday.  Each Thursday I will list the seven things I have been thankful for in the last week.  Today is day 1.

1.  I'm thankful that God was watching over Stew and I on Christmas Eve.  Yes, the kitchen has some fire and smoke damage and Stew's hands are injured, but it could have been a whole lot worse.  I'm so very grateful and feel so very blessed that Stew will make a full recovery.  The road will be long, but we know that each day it gets better and we're enjoying all of this unexpected time we have together. 

2.  I'm thankful for our friends and family.  It's when something like this happens, when the chips are down, that you learn who you can truly count on.  I feel very blessed to have all of you in my life.  Stew and I wouldn't have made it through the last few weeks without you.

3.  I'm thankful for Upper Chesapeake Medical Center who took care of Stew quickly and got him transferred to Johns Hopkins Bayview as soon as they possibly could.

4.  I'm appreciative of the doctors, nurses, and staff at Johns Hopkins Bayview for their excellent care.  With one exception, I felt like the hospital lived up to its reputation and I couldn't have asked for Stew to receive  better care.

5. I'm thankful for Stew's co-workers who expressed their well wishes and support and nothing else.  They've asked only for information on his condition and never once have they asked me when he's returning to work.

6.  I'm grateful for Covance's human resources department.  They've handled my request for extended leave with nothing but understanding.

7.  I'm especially thankful for unanswered prayers (thanks Garth).  I had applied for a new job in November and due to resourcing at the company to which I applied, I didn't get the job.  This has turned out to be a blessing in disguise as I have the time to take care of Stew without worrying about employment.

No comments:

Post a Comment