Howdie Family and Friends - here are the going ons in the life of me. Stew shows up frequently. My family and friends visit a lot. My nieces and nephews are represented throughout. It's all about me and how I'm traveling along in this thing I call my life.

Friday, January 27, 2012

Journal: January 27, 2012

An early start this morning - off to pick GEP up for school.  Why I get up this early to take his abuse, I'll never know.  LOL.  He is just so ornery.  I don't even know what to do about him.  Some classics from today:

He was holding the dog's leash and was asking me if I wanted to be the dog.  Then he could take me for a walk.

I told him I was going to throw him in the pool.  He told me, "No you won't."  So I picked him up, fireman style and carried him outside to the pool and he's laughing - he has no fear that I'm going to do it.  Hmmm.   I just may have to rectify this situation.

He was eating his cereal and I was talking to him - and he tells me "talk to my hand."  I didn't say anything to him.  He says, "no, I mean it, talk to my hand."

 (I don't know what's going on with my camera on my phone - sometimes the pictures are so good and other times - they're just not.  Maybe I have to do some research on this.)

Some more pictures from my morning:

The Evil Eye

My one good shot for the day.

I see you with that camera.

Taunting me with the Ravens shirt.
 Mollie giving him a kiss while he put his shoes on.

Then there was the showdown about the bookbag.  I told him to go upstairs and get it, he told me to do it, this went back and forth - the sad part about this is when I asked Stew, "who do you think won that one," Stew said, "GEP."  WHAT!  The outrage.  GEP did go get his bookbag but with a lot of pouting involved.

I finally dropped him off at school.  Whew...that kid will wake you up.  LOL - love him.

Came home, searched high and low for the papers Stew needed to take to the MVA to renew his license.  Couldn't find it anywhere.  I'm getting more and more annoyed with myself before Stew says, "Wait, I have a hunch."  Yeah, they're in his work bag.  Sigh....

I had a therapy appointment in Bel Air so before that I dropped him off at the MVA, then went to therapy.  Picked him back up and we had a round of errands to run.  Went to the cabinet place - they have the brand that is in our kitchen, but they want to see the door (I had forgotten it, though Christina told me to make sure I took it).  I'll have to go back on Monday to order the one we need.  While we were in there, we saw some of the most fabulous kitchens ever.  Stew and I were starting to think about totally renovating our kitchen before we stopped and asked ourselves if we wanted to renovate the kitchen of the house in which we live currently or wait until we have the house we're going to live in the rest of our lives - yeah, solved that salivating right quick.  They were awesome though.

So with no cabinet in sight, it was off to Toys R Us to get GDH a Christmas present.  We had purchased her presents previously, but with her new food allergies, the Easy Bake Oven wasn't going to cut it.  I'm glad Stew can read.  Kelly told me what it was that Grace wanted and somehow in my head I got that Grace wanted a train table - not, exactly.  She wanted a train turn table with a round house - a what?  Stew saw one and we were off....LOL.  Some days my brain isn't connected to anything else in my body - especially my mouth.


After Toys R Us - we found ourselves in Chick Fil A.  Even though we're trying not to eat out as much, my appointment was at noon, so it was too early before we left the house to eat lunch and with the running around we had to do, it made no sense to come all the way home, eat, and then go back to Bel Air.  So, Chick Fil A it was - it was really good, too.

Next up was BJs - we got another gel mat for the kitchen and a rug for the dining room and picked up the steaks we needed for dinner.

Headed for home and Stew's barber shop - he's going back to work on Monday so it was time to cut off the charred ends of his hair.

He's looking so cute now.

Finally home - threw the steaks in the fridge.  We're both worn out.  Settle in to watch some Body of Evidence - liking the show, so far.  Neither of us felt like cooking, so it was mac and cheese for dinner.  Then bed.

Heading to Jersey tomorrow - can't wait to see my little girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment