Howdie Family and Friends - here are the going ons in the life of me. Stew shows up frequently. My family and friends visit a lot. My nieces and nephews are represented throughout. It's all about me and how I'm traveling along in this thing I call my life.

Friday, January 20, 2012

Journal: January 20, 2012

Today started super early.  I had to get down to Phill and Christina's because I was charged with taking the little GEP to school today.  That kid is just too much.  The moment I saw him he had to tell me that the Ravens are the best - yeah, yeah, kid.  I get it.  We'll see how those Ravens fare against those Patriots.

Then, as the time is coming close for us to leave he says to me, "You have to go warm up the car."  Excuse me?  He says, "Yes, because I don't like the cold."  Oh, well, your majesty, let me just run out and do that for you.  LOL.  Then, it's 8:26 and I tell him, "Come on it's time to go."  Nope.  He says, "We don't leave until 8:30."  Bossy much.  He informed me that I need to get new games on my phone because Angry Birds and Skeeball are just boring to him.  Everything out of this kid's mouth makes me laugh.  He's just too much.  I finally drop him off at school - after, of course, receiving a big sigh when I hugged him good bye.  Is he too cool for that already - the kid is 6. 

I had to get fuel after that.  Brrrrrrrr.  $60 worth.  Stew's car doesn't even understand what's going on.  The fuel level in that car never gets that low. 

I got home and Stew was sleeping.  We were supposed to meet up with his lunch group from work but he was sleeping so good and a little worn out from therapy yesterday, that we decided to forego it. 

While he slept, I caught up on all the goings on on the interwebs while enjoying a grapefruit and an orange from the batch that mom and dad left us on Sunday.  They received a delivery of Florida grapefruit and oranges and they were spreading the wealth.  And I'm extremely thankful for that - they are delicious.


I spent most of the day doing laundry since the phrase "laundry today or naked tomorrow" really came into play around this house this week.  

I played in the craft room, Stew watched sports and more home remodeling shows.  We got caught up on our DVR.  Watched the 100th episode of The Big Bang Theory.  It was maybe the best one yet.  I love Sheldon!!

We had fajitas for dinner.  When I actually force myself to make dinner I am so much happier.  I don't know why I don't do it more often - laziness, I guess, but my goodness home made food is so much better than most of the things you can get out....


We talked over dinner about some of our upcoming goals - like starting to eat healthier and establishing a routine around the house so that things are done when they need to be.  We're going to start easing ourselves into these things as the return to work date nears.

It's calling for snow tonight - we'll see in the morning, I guess.  Tomorrow, I need to clean the house and go to the grocery store.  Big party on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment