Howdie Family and Friends - here are the going ons in the life of me. Stew shows up frequently. My family and friends visit a lot. My nieces and nephews are represented throughout. It's all about me and how I'm traveling along in this thing I call my life.

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Journal: January 17, 2012

Another early day at therapy.  By early, I mean we had to leave the house by 8.  I don't know what we're going to do when we have to go back to work and that means getting up at 5.  Sleeping still comes in spurts.  We think it has more to do with positioning than anything else, but it's annoying all the same.

Therapy went well.  The therapist is pleased with his progress.  We had been worried about his left hand because the skin graft is starting to ripple.  Apparently, this is normal and with the help of the compression gloves this will smooth out.  She gave him a set of temporary gloves today and he has to wear it about 20 hours a day.  She didn't look at the right hand, but is happy with how he's able to move it.  She will do a full assessment when we go back on Thursday.

Therapy wore Stew out today so when we got back, he went to bed.  Slept good for about an hour and a half.  Not too bad.

I had a therapy appointment of my own today.  Still talking about the frustrations with work.  It'll sort itself out sooner or later.

We've been enjoying CSI:NY which was a gift from Stew's coworkers.  I like that the show is to the point.  I don't need any extraneous information.  Murder - solve murder.  The end.  We watched Castle tonight, too.  Didn't think that was that great of an episode.  They're going back to the over arching story line and considering my motto is "murder - solve murder", these wide story arcs are not my favorite.  Stew's intrigued though.

Made my first meal on my new stove - hahahaha.  Macaroni and cheese.  It has a nice tradition to it, honestly.  It was the first thing I made on the stove in the first house I ever bought and it was the first thing I made on the stove that was in this house when we moved in.  Seemed like the right thing to do.

I was accosted in BJs today.  Some guy wanted to know if we wanted a free estimate on our roof.  They're running a promotion through some home remodeling company.  Our roof is 17 years old so it's time, I'd say to think about replacing it.  The guy is supposed to come tomorrow to give us an estimate.  It'll be good to know how much that is going to cost us.

Saw a rug for the dining room at BJs - but no car in which to bring it home.  Will have to pick my car up from Phill's (maybe on Thursday) and then go to BJs to get the rug.

BJs has a million awesome things.  Just cool stuff that I don't see anywhere else.  I'd have bought a lot more - but, grrr, stupid budget.

Pretty normal day around here.  Tomorrow, we have the roof estimate and we have to pick GEP up from school.  We'll get to hang out with him for a bit.  That'll be cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment