Howdie Family and Friends - here are the going ons in the life of me. Stew shows up frequently. My family and friends visit a lot. My nieces and nephews are represented throughout. It's all about me and how I'm traveling along in this thing I call my life.

Monday, January 23, 2012

Journal: January 23, 2012

To say sleeping last night was a challenge would be an understatement.  I took my pills way too late (and couldn't skip them because withdrawal symptoms really suck) so sleep was not to be had.  I finally fell asleep in the family room around 6:30 only to be woken up an hour or so later by a voice saying, "Aunt Gina, get up."  I opened my eyes to see this cutie standing in front of me.  Cute and full of sass - I said, "Why do I have to get up?"  He says, "I don't know, just get up," in his best growling voice. 

He and I start the day by making pancakes and then we head downstairs to do his reading.  He picked the Transformers book.  I was impressed with how well he read - though, some of the words gave him a bit of  trouble, words you would expect someone his age to have trouble with.  But all in all, he did a great job.  He even drew a picture of him and me.

He then settled down to play the Wii.  We were going to go out today and maybe see a movie or something, but Stew, who also didn't sleep well last night, didn't get out of bed until 11:30 and by the time he ate, showered, we did his bandage changes and stuff, it was too late.  Didn't bother GEP much though - he was happy to have alone time with Uncle Stew.  They played games and teased each other mercilessly. That's what they do.

We had dinner - cereal for GEP (again)!  He had pancakes for breakfast, cereal for lunch and cereal for dinner.  We did compromise at dinner, though.  I told him he could have cereal but he needed to eat some vegetables - so he chowed down on a carrot.  Stew and I had parmesan crusted chicken breast and salad.  I didn't follow the recipe to the letter for the chicken so there were a few issues with it (it's not a matter of not following the recipe, it's a matter of not reading the recipe!!).  It didn't affect the taste any, but I was supposed to pound the chicken out to a much smaller size to help with cooking.  Since I didn't do this, it took forever for those chicken breasts to cook.  I'll know better next time.

We took GEP home after dinner and then headed to Best Buy.  I needed to get a webcam so that I can skype.  We picked up one of those and some more tv series that we want to watch:  Camelot; Mike and Mollie; Body of Evidence; and Big Love.  We also got the move Inception.

Bed, Bath and Beyond is right next to Best Buy so we headed there to look at canisters - they had what I wanted, only they were black and my current canisters are white.  Black does go better with my kitchen though, so we just bought enough to replace the ones we have and I'll have to find another use for the white ones.  We also got the canisters for the pastas and rice.  And I found a spatula for my little egg pan.  I'll have to take a picture of it.  It's so cute.

Came home to watch some more of Boardwalk Empire and off to bed.

Therapy early tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment