Howdie Family and Friends - here are the going ons in the life of me. Stew shows up frequently. My family and friends visit a lot. My nieces and nephews are represented throughout. It's all about me and how I'm traveling along in this thing I call my life.

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Journal: January 21, 2012

The day started out pretty much like any other day, except there was snow on the ground. 



Stew was watching sports center; I was in my craft room making Valentine's Day cards for a swap in which I'm taking part.  We ate lunch together while watching CSI:NY, Season 1 - which we've finished.

A trip to the grocery store and Target were in order.  Target did not have any CSIs; however, we picked up microphone for my computer and Season 1 of Boardwalk Empire.

After bringing home all of the groceries and cleaning out , organizing, and discarding old stuff in the cabinets and microwave, we made hamburgers and roasted potatoes for dinner. (McDonalds who?)  This was the inaugural use of the oven.  It's awesome.  First of all, it tells you the actual temperature inside the oven as the oven preheats to the set temperature - and we're not talking days for it to reach the right temperature.  Three minutes to 400.  In our old oven, we'd have to plan on when to start heating the oven based on when we wanted to eat.  Not so much anymore.  Dinner was delicious. 








With Stew still being out of commission I have to do chores that I don't typically do, like take out the trash...here's proof - notice how big my feet have grown.  LOL.  I'm wearing Stew's shoes.  They're much easier to slip on and off.




We cleaned up and then settled in to watch Boardwalk Empire.

I love John Buscemi and he does not disappoint.  The show is set in Atlantic City right after the passage of the law to prohibit alcohol.  That pesky little rule isn't swaying the Treasurer of the county.  There were some great lines (never let the truth get in the way of a good story) and scenes from the show (a casket shaped like a liquor bottle).  We're enjoying it thus far, though to be honest, once Stew's all healed up - I'm not sure how much tv we'll both be watching.  We're feeling quite brain dead.

Tomorrow we're celebrating the Steves birthdays - Stephen (Stew) and Steven.  They're birthdays are only 3 days apart, so we normally have one party for both of them and considering they both request the same birthday dinner (chicken tikka masala with homemade naan), it makes my life easier.

It's going to be a busy and full day tomorrow.  I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment