Howdie Family and Friends - here are the going ons in the life of me. Stew shows up frequently. My family and friends visit a lot. My nieces and nephews are represented throughout. It's all about me and how I'm traveling along in this thing I call my life.

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Journal: January 31, 2012

Not such a good day today and I can't tell you why.  Stew called early today to tell me that our dinner plans with Chuck and Amber and the little ones was canceled (AGAIN) because PAM is sick.  It was a bummer - I really wanted to see them.  I haven't seen the girls in forever and a day.  I think not since the beginning of the football season and here it is almost the Superbowl.  Just not good.  Life and sickness gets in the way.  After I heard about that, all of my motivation just wooshed right out of me.  I didn't even shower until like 4:30 - so not good.

I couldn't decide what I wanted to do for dinner then.  Stew decided when he got home.  We were going to go to Olive Tree, but it was way too crowded so off to La Tolteca we went.  It's like our favorite Mexican place that is near us, but tell me why I deviate from the things I know I like?  I ordered the quesadilla tonight - big mistake.  Should have stuck with the Tilapia or the fajitas.  It was awful.  Ended up eating the vegetables from Stew's fajitas - he doesn't eat a lot of them anyway, so it was okay.

Then we came home and watched Mike and Molly - still loving this show.

Stew had therapy today.  Here's his numbers:

Steering Wheel
Right: +9
Left: +12

Door knob
Right: -2 (the machine shut down in the middle of this exercise so it's not accurate)
Left: +18

Screwdriver, switched from the larger one to the smaller one for a tighter fist like grip
Right: -3
Left: -12
His therapist expected these numbers to go down because she changed the.

Key
Right: +50
Left: -4 (the key fell out of the machine again, numbers not accurate.)

Stew got to talk to his doctor who told him that he's very happy with the progress of his skin.  He doesn't have any worries that Stew won't make a full recovery.  There is a worry about his gloves.  They might be too tight.  So when I wash them tomorrow, they want me to shove socks in them while they're in the washer and the dryer to see if that helps to stretch them out.  We'll see.  He might need to order new ones - he has ginormous (I hate that word) hands, after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment