Howdie Family and Friends - here are the going ons in the life of me. Stew shows up frequently. My family and friends visit a lot. My nieces and nephews are represented throughout. It's all about me and how I'm traveling along in this thing I call my life.

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Journal: January 14, 2012

A wonderfully laid back day at home.  Of course, as Stew heals, we're having many of them.  I spent the day cleaning up some around the house and playing in the craft room.  Stew played the Wii, played on the computer a bit and watched some tv.  We ended the night watching the playoff games.  That first game - New Orleans and San Francisco - wow.  That's all I have to say.  I sat down to watch it for a bit thinking that there was no way the 49ers were going to win.  I mean, Drew Brees versus who?  And I had all intentions of going  back to the craft room.  But I could not leave.  Could. not.  That game was just too darn good.  And those 49ers look tough.  It was maybe the best game I've seen all season and I really appreciated the refs pretty much letting the teams play.  I can't wait to watch the 49ers against either of the teams playing tomorrow.  Green Bay, New York Giants.  I think the 49ers have a chance against either of them.  Of course, my hearts with Green Bay - I just like that team even though they beat the Steelers last year.  But, if for whatever reason, Green Bay doesn't win - I think the 49ers will be my team.  And God knows, everyone loves the underdog.

The second game.  I said last week that had the Steelers beaten Denver, it would have been delaying the inevitable considering how beat up the Steelers are, but it still broke my heart to see them lose.  So that's why it made me incredibly happy to see them get trounced by the Patriots.  Tom Brady was on his game and Tim Tebow was on his.  LOL.  I'm teasing - I like the kid, I do; I just don't like that the media has made him more than what he is.  Do we remember that they lost the last four games of the season?  Yes, they beat my Steelers - my broken, injured Steelers - I'll give them that, but it was really good to see them brought back down to earth and that it was done in commanding fashion - I'm not going to go complain about that.

Saturday filled with football and relaxing.  Tomorrow we're celebrating Stew's birthday, catching up with Laura for her birthday, and celebrating Christmas and his birthday with WTK - oh and there's more football to see as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment