Howdie Family and Friends - here are the going ons in the life of me. Stew shows up frequently. My family and friends visit a lot. My nieces and nephews are represented throughout. It's all about me and how I'm traveling along in this thing I call my life.

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Menu Planning for the next three weeks

Since I'm home this week and then gone for two weeks - I needed to figure out things I could make that I could freeze and Stew could eat while I'm gone.

This week:
Monday: Spaghetti
Tuesday: Eating out
Wednesday: Slow Cooker - Moroccan Beef Stew
Thursday: Slow Cooker - Salsa Chicken
Friday: Slow Cooker - Pork with Greens and Beans
Saturday: Chili
Sunday:  Daytona Party - making pulled pork

I'm also going to make Chicken Corn Chowder to freeze for Stew's meals while I'm away and I'm making chicken soup today as per last week's menu, so he'll have left overs of that, as well.

I will freeze all of these things and then once frozen, transfer them into a food saver bag, suck all of the air out of them and then they stay good in the freezer for a long time.  When Stew pulls them out for dinner, all he needs to do is put the bag in boiling water, heat it through and voila dinner!


No comments:

Post a Comment