Howdie Family and Friends - here are the going ons in the life of me. Stew shows up frequently. My family and friends visit a lot. My nieces and nephews are represented throughout. It's all about me and how I'm traveling along in this thing I call my life.

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Journal, February 28, 2012

I waited and waited for a release date on this book.  I pre-ordered it the moment it became available on Amazon.  I told Stew not even to call me tonight because I was going to snuggle up in bed and read this book.  What a freaking let down.

(Photo from author's website)

I started it tonight and then I shut it off and went to sleep.  Now granted, I was tried.  Stupid Daytona race.  Monday night racing is a cool idea.  I like it, but not when Montoya runs his car into a jet dryer and there's this long delay while the track officials use Tide to clean all of the jet fuel off of the track - talk about your instant commercial.  The delay made for some funny moments.  Mostly surrounding Brad Keselowski (yes, I had to look up how to spell that - and I'm really starting to like him as a driver.  I love his support of our troops, his no nonsense attitude and hell, he's Polish).  He makes history, I suppose, by being the first person to ever tweet during a red flag and then there's the now infamous video of him racing Dale Earnhardt Jr to the john during the red flag.  You can see that here...

Funny stuff...

What wasn't so funny was the explosion after Montoya's car hit the jet dryer.  Thankfully, both he and the crewman were okay. 

(Photo credit: http://www.motorracingnetwork.com)

Craziness - so anyway, the race ended well past my bedtime so I didn't get much sleep last night.  But I still came back to the hotel with the thought of this awesome book waiting for me. Yeah, no worries there.  I don't know what the issue is, I just can't get into it.  I'll keep reading it though, hopefully, it will get better.

I forgot to add a pretty awesome story from yesterday.  I'm meeting with our legal department and when I walk into the room one of the company attorneys says to me, "I hear you're from Baltimore."  I say yes, unsure of where this is going.  He says, "I got some things to say to you about Ray Lewis."  I just smiled and told him he could tell me anything he wanted to about Ray Lewis and I probably had some things I'd like to say about Ray Lewis as well considering I'm a Steelers' fan.  Well, apparently, this is the kiss of death and he wanted me fired on the spot.  It's not my fault the Bengals are terrible.  LOL.  So we spent pretty much the entire meeting talking about sports.  I just love how friendly everyone here is.  It continued through the meet and greets today.  I mean even the medical monitors seem approachable.  Getting a really good feeling about this company. 

So tired today I had gold fish crackers for dinner.  Gotta get some sleep.  More meet and greets tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment