Howdie Family and Friends - here are the going ons in the life of me. Stew shows up frequently. My family and friends visit a lot. My nieces and nephews are represented throughout. It's all about me and how I'm traveling along in this thing I call my life.

Monday, February 27, 2012

Journal, February 27, 2012

I forgot when I wrote my journal entry for yesterday that I had put moments in the Momento app on my phone.  I love this app - it pulls in all of my social media activity for the day as well as allowing me to enter small notes throughout the day so that I don't forget anything - like all of those funny things my kids say.  Now if I would just remember to use the app more.  Maybe I'll make that a new goal.  A couple of things I forgot from yesterday was the jeep in front of us while we were stuck in traffic had a 2 by 4 as a bumper and then we saw a repo truck with its flashing lights which Stew called a "seizure truck".  Oh Lord, that was bad.

Things that annoyed me at the airport - people who put their luggage on chairs.  It was really crowded and people had nowhere to sit and then they get an attitude when you ask them to move their bags so you can sit down.  You know, it's my number one pet peeve anywhere - inconsiderate people.  Drives me up a wall.
Today was pretty awesome I must say.  First day at my new job.  All dressed up....

Picture is pretty bad - but I'm just not that photogenic so there you go.


Greeting on my cubicle



Met with my new boss first thing this morning for the tour.  You know I can get lost going in a circle so it's going to take a few days to learn to navigate that.  I spent the morning with HR and attending the Monday morning clinical meeting.  I had lunch at an awesome place (lots of horse themed decorations) with my manager.  Parkers...



Very good food and great service.

Then this afternoon I started my meet and greets.  I'm going to spend this first week of orientation meeting everyone in the company.  I think this is awesome.  I mean at my last job, I hardly knew what the people I talked with on the phone looked like.  This way, I get to learn something about those I'll be working with and they can learn about me.  It's a little overwhelming the number of people - but I think this is a great way to orient someone to the company.  I'm really looking forward to it.

After work, I went to the grocery store - we really need Krogers around our way.  Great store.

Then came back to my home away from home (at least for the next two weeks) made some dinner and crashed.  I'm not used to this getting up and going to work stuff.  LOL.  Looking forward to another awesome day tomorrow.

Here's a picture of the office building but obviously it wasn't taken today (leaves on the trees).  I took the picture off of the company website.  I wasn't able to get a good shot with my phone.


No comments:

Post a Comment