Howdie Family and Friends - here are the going ons in the life of me. Stew shows up frequently. My family and friends visit a lot. My nieces and nephews are represented throughout. It's all about me and how I'm traveling along in this thing I call my life.

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Journal, February 8, 2012

Long, long, long day.  Early morning trip to Cincinatti - did you know that the airport known as Cincinatti airport is actually in Kentucky - yeah, neither did I.  I guess that saying, "learn something new everyday" really means something.

A trip by taxi to Blue Ash, OH and I was set for my day of interviews.  This interview schedule was crazy, I must say, but to know that the company puts so much into the hiring process really gives me comfort in knowing that I'll be surrounded by like minded people who share my passion for clinical research.  I'm excited about the prospect of this job and everything I learned today only heightened that excitement.  I'm anxious to get back into what to me is more meaningful research.  There is a place and a need for Phase IV trials - they just aren't for me.  I like to be knee deep in medical records, putting the puzzle pieces together and this company does the types of trials that will allow me to do that.  The fact that they do a lot of research at Hopkins and the University of Maryland and that they're looking for regional monitors - well, that's icing on the cake.  I have my fingers crossed.  I'm trying to stay level about all of this considering the disappointment about the last job, but it's hard not to be excited.

After my interviews, it was back to the airport, a quick (running) layover in Charlotte and then home.  Spent the entire drive home on the phone with Stew reviewing our days and I'm glad that we did because by the time my feet hit our front door, I was ready for bed.

Now the wait begins - the worst part.  As all of us know I'm not the most patient person in the world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment