Howdie Family and Friends - here are the going ons in the life of me. Stew shows up frequently. My family and friends visit a lot. My nieces and nephews are represented throughout. It's all about me and how I'm traveling along in this thing I call my life.

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Journal, February 12, 2012

Woke up this morning and got right in the shower - I never do that on the weekends, but I really should.  Now granted, even though I put my make up on and did my hair, I still put pajamas on, but I felt so much better and later in the day when it was time to get out of the house, it made the process of getting dressed go that much easier.  I struggle to figure out the working out and showering thing.  I'd like to work out first thing in the morning, but seem to never have the motivation to do that, so I think that maybe I'll work out at lunch, but that would mean two showers a day which isn't that big of a problem but definitely kind of a time waster - I really just need to get my butt out of bed, put the workout clothes on and work out, shower and then be ready for the day without worrying about those two things on the to do list.  Maybe tomorrow.

I started the day working on blog posts.  My journaling is behind again, so I really wanted to work to get that caught up.  Unfortunately, with my ADD tendencies (SQUIRREL), I got side tracked making a list of all of the book series that I read (which I will be posting my blog soon so that I never lose the damn thing again).  I read a lot of series and it's hard to keep track where I am in them and when the next book is coming out, so I really want that in a central, easily found, place.  So the blog post task will have to wait until tomorrow.

Did get breakfast and water before coming down to the craft room.  Drinking water out of my "The Rock" cup.  Another good start to the day.



Stew got up a little before 11 and he showed me a number of awesome keyboard shortcuts.  I didn't know if you hit alt tab, the computer would switch you between windows or if you hit backspace while in a browser it essentially acts like the back button.  This made making my book list so much easier.

He and I spent a lot of time looking to order Steven's books for his classes and finally go that taken care of.  We went over the menu for the week and talked about the shopping list and then we had to leave to go pick up his car which we left at Amber and Chuck's on Friday night since Stew was really tired and I didn't want him driving.

Turns out Amber and Chuck were home so we got to spend some more time with them.  PAM and PEM were eating lunch when we arrived.  PEM was eating bananas for the first time and wasn't sure what she thought about them.  PAM was eating a hot dog and fries and was a little wound up.  She's got more energy in her little finger than I have in my entire body.  She's so rambunctious.  It's cute as hell.  And PEM is just the happiest baby I've ever seen.  She's not sure what she thinks of me at first giving me all sorts of weird faces, but once she warms up she and I play and she gives me kisses and smiles a lot.  She made sounds today that almost sounded like "da da" and Chuck was standing right in front of her when she said it.  I'm not sure they're actual words but with her saying that today and "ma ma" on Friday, I'm thinking maybe.  She has a tooth coming in that hasn't quite broken through the skin so she's slobbering a lot, but you sure can't tell if it's bothering her or not.  PAM was all about the hugs and playing.  She really wants people to play the Wii with her.  She's loving the Wii. 

Amber made cupcakes for Chuck's birthday and of course I had to help myself to one of them.  Here's a picture of it.  I stole the picture from Amber since mine was gone way too fast to even think about taking a picture of it.  LOL.

It was chocolate banana cupcake with peanut butter frosting - and it was yummy.

After we left Amber and Chuck's we headed over to The Bull Pen to grab some lunch after realizing that it was Sunday and Chick Fil A was not an option (Sigh!)

See the slogan - You Can't Beat Our Meat - Stay classy, my friends, stay classy.



Here's a car we saw parked across the street at the Burger King.  It's all about the hydraulics.


More poor sleepy Stew waiting for his meal.


At least he perked up when I pestered him with the camera.  Man talk about bags under your eyes.  I need to get some sleep.

We both ordered Pit Beef sandwiches.  Stew got his with fries and mayo/barbecue sauce.  Mine is sans fries (trying to be good, sigh...) with only barbecue sauce.



The sandwiches were very good, if a little dry.  Definitely need to be ordering extra barbecue sauce next time.

Stew and I headed to the grocery store.  Groceries for the week.


The sky was really pretty last night and the clouds were moving really fast.  I love watching clouds move.


So we got home, unloaded the car, Stew put the groceries away while I fried bacon for BLTs and BLCs (bacon, lettuce, and cheese) for this week's lunches.

We gathered our tax forms and filed our taxes.  We're getting a significant refund from the state, but the federal government is taking most of that.  Since Stew is in a higher tax bracket than I am, all of our income is taxed at that rate, but my check isn't - so, we always end up paying federal taxes. 

We watched some Pawn Stars while I did some laundry.

And then it was time to put on the crockpot oatmeal and head to bed.

All in all a good productive day.

Oh, one other thing - I had to call Dad and apologize.  He found out about my new job through Facebook - opps, my bad.  I was so damn excited, I forgot that maybe I should pick up a phone first.  So after offering my apologies, we made plans to have dinner next Saturday.  He's trying out his new pizza stone tonight and if it works out - it's sounding like homemade pizza for dinner.  Yummy.

Back to work tomorrow - why are weekends so short?


No comments:

Post a Comment