Howdie Family and Friends - here are the going ons in the life of me. Stew shows up frequently. My family and friends visit a lot. My nieces and nephews are represented throughout. It's all about me and how I'm traveling along in this thing I call my life.

Friday, February 10, 2012

Journal, February 10, 2012

Well, first the most awesome news of the day.  I got the job!  A job I actually didn't apply to.  Now for the whole story since I couldn't say anything about it until now.  Around November of last year, I had several conversations with my current supervisors about moving business units so I could begin working on more challenging and complicated studies.  They said that as my current project was coming to an end they would look into this.  Unfortunately, due to company demands, this wasn't a possibility, so I made the decision that I needed to find a position doing research for which I am passionate and phase IV just isn't it.  So, I applied for several jobs and made my CV public again.  I interviewed with a major CRO - three interviews in fact, two on the phone and one face to face.  From what the recruiter said everyone was impressed by my CV and thought I did well during the interviews, only when a time came to make the decision about hiring they decided that they didn't need a regional monitor in Maryland - ummm, why interview me three times?  I haven't moved, but anyway, I think everything happens for a reason because three days after I found out I wasn't going to be hired for that job, the fire happened at the house.  It would have made moving to a new position incredibly hard.  

In January, I received a call from CTI (clinical trial and consulting service).  The hiring manager had seen my CV on the ACRP website and call me to see if I would be interested in interviewing for a CRA position with them.  I told them that I would like to learn more about their company and the position.  The company is based in Cincinatti; it's a small company compared to where I work now; and they specialize in transplant research (i.e. complicated).  They are trying to make their monitoring force more regionally based.  Yes, yes, yes, I'm interested.  I had an initial phone interview with HR, a phone interview with the CRA manager and then a skype interview with the VP, the CRA manager and the HR rep.  Doing a skype interview was really interesting - I think I need to be more aware of the position of the camera next time; anyway, following that interview, they called and wanted me to fly out to Cincinatti to interview face to face.  I did that on Wednesday.  It was a long interview process.  I met with two of their CRAs, the VP, the manager of the CRAs, the associate director of research, the HR rep, and the president of the company.  Through all of these interviews, the more I learned about the company, the more I really wanted the position.  Their outlook on research is the same as mine.  Our priorities and ways of thinking coincide.  I walked out of that interview on Wednesday knowing that this was a place I really wanted to be a part of.

The call came this morning.  They had an offer for me.  The financial part of it was lower than what I wanted and with the difference in tuition benefits between CTI and my current employer, I asked for the difference in salary and then when I got off the phone, I panicked.  Stew talked me off of the ledge and I waited to hear back from them.  They matched the money.  I start on the 27th.  I can't even put into words how very excited I am.  The position will be more regionally based than what I am now.  They do a lot of studies at Hopkins and the University of Maryland - no brainer, right?  And it's cutting edge research.  All things that I wanted.  I'll spend the first two weeks in Cincinatti doing training and even that isn't daunting.  I can't wait.

I put in my two weeks notice today and while there's a certain amount of sadness that accompanies leaving a company, I'm ready to take this next step.  

To top off that wondrous moment of the day, I got to spend the evening having dinner with Amber, Chuck, PAM and PEM.  Amber made fried rice and ginger chicken.  Delish.  Had to get her to send me that recipe.  Will be making that soon.

After dinner, PAM opened all of her and PEM's Christmas presents since we haven't seen them since then.

PAM truly enjoyed herself.

This is what PEM thought of the whole thing.  LOL.

Chuck has a picture exactly like this of Stew - boys will be boys.

Though the little one really doesn't like to sit - she loves to stand and she's strong.

PAM loved her cook books and book of science experiments she can do with food.

My thoughts exactly PEM...

PEM's getting Uncle Stew's nose.

Kissy, kissy.  PEM loves giving kisses.  She is about the happiest baby I've ever seen.  She's getting her first tooth - can't quite see it yet, but you can feel it.

So awesome...
I've missed my girls so much.  It was really nice to see them and to catch up with their parents.  I've already made plans with them for next week so we can not have so many months  go by without seeing each other again.

All in all, a great day!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment