Howdie Family and Friends - here are the going ons in the life of me. Stew shows up frequently. My family and friends visit a lot. My nieces and nephews are represented throughout. It's all about me and how I'm traveling along in this thing I call my life.

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Journal: February 1, 2012

Today I got up early and headed to Jersey to take little WTK to school.  I didn't figure on too much traffic - ok, dummy me.  I got there around 10:00 - wanted to be there around 9.  Thank goodness, WTK doesn't have to be to school until 12:40.  Whew!

I was greeted at the door by WTK himself.  He had himself all decked out in his red Power Ranger costume, complete with boots - over his pajamas, of course. 

I asked him if he was ready for school, he said, "not yet."  I asked him if he wanted to go to school, he said, "no."  Typical kid.

He took me downstairs to see all of his Power Ranger toys.  I didn't know a thing about the Power Rangers before today, but have learned that basically, they are a Voltron rip off.  Voltron is awesome.  Five lions, join together to form the whole - yeah that's the same thing these little wimpy Power Rangers do.  I was playing at being the bad guy chopping off the blue ranger's head and got myself reprimanded by the mama.  Apparently, they don't play like that.  Opps, sorry Laura!


After playing with the Power Rangers, WTK had to take me outside to show me his pile of sticks.  He and Laura spent the morning on Tuesday collecting them and WTK spent this morning moving them from one pile to another.
Check out his boots - and his really big stick...

He found another pile of sticks near the back of the yard and proceeded to carry all of them to the new pile he made, making an even bigger pile.


Love this picture...the look of concentration....

We went in and the argument about getting dressed began.  Apparently, Mr. WTK doesn't like to get dressed in the morning.  Once that was done, it was off to get some pizza at WTK's favorite pizza place.  It's called Brothers; however, to WTK it's Ciao Ladies, because there's two ladies that work there and they always say Ciao to him.  When Laura first mentioned this place, I had no idea what she was talking about - but I will say they had pretty good pizza.  Not the best.  Doesn't beat Pizza Johns - I don't care what Laura or WTK say, but it was acceptable.  I liked that they made a white pizza just for WTK.  That gives them an extra star in my book.  I loved it that Laura said that they don't go there much because it's out of the way.  This cracks me up every time Laura and I spend time together.  Twenty minutes to get somewhere is out of Laura's way.  Where I live, it's almost 20 minutes to the grocery store (depending on which senior citizen you get behind coming out of the senior center).  It's too funny.


WTK and I played a game.  We spun his pizza tray around and every time he stopped it he had to take a bite of pizza (or later in the game, he had to eat a french fry).  He ate so well.  Laura said that he just started a new appetite stimulant and they have started to go to a new doctor that Laura really likes and I must say I think the stimulant is working and I'm glad that Laura has finally found a doctor that she trusts.  That's so important.

After pizza it was off to school.  Apparently, I'm well known at school.  Laura introduced me and the teacher was like, "oh so this is Aunt Gina."  Oh boy, I don't know if that's good or bad.  HA.

WTK just left us like it was nothing.  No bye, nothing.  I'm at school now, later...so Laura and I headed to the office to get our passes so we could observe the classrooms for kindergarten since a decision must be made for WTK's placement.  I think Laura got the information that she needed so that she could make an informed decision about where WTK should be.

One thing was weird in one of the classrooms, the teacher was demonstrating sentence writing with the word have, she wrote on the board, exactly like this, "I have yellow hr and blue iz," obviously meaning "yellow hair and blue eyes," but as she told them she was writing it in the kids' way.  She went back and wrote it in the "grown up" way.  At first, both Laura and I were like, we don't like this.  But as I thought more about it, I think it's about the kids making the connection between how they would potentially spell something and what the word actually looks like.  After thinking about this more, I could understand why it was done this way.

Laura and I went out to Walmart where I bought some Five Hour Energy drinks and picked up EAP's birthday present.  I'm hoping to get all of this stuff mailed out to Germany this week sometime.  That way he'll at least have his birthday presents for this year on time, even if they are coming with his birthday presents from last year.  Sigh....

After school, WTK played on the playground at school where he was writing his name in the dirt and then he got really upset that someone had walked over it and it was gone.  Poor thing...


He went through the yellow tube.  He wanted me to go through it, too - but umm, I don't think so.  Aunt Gina's big butt wouldn't fit through that thing.


He loved the sliding board, with the exception of a little bit of a head bump at the bottom.  I was watching him in the camera and wasn't prepared when he got to the bottom so his head into my head.  Ow!


He begged and pleaded with his mom to take him to the other playground with the rolly slide and the big pile of dirt.  I told him we'd take him if he let me take pictures.  He agreed and we were off, but not before he gave me a walking commentary of the pipe system underneath the ground by the playground.



At the bigger playground, he and mom walked up the big hill.

He played in the dirt and then spent the rest of his time going down the rolly slide.


Here was his preferred method of climbing up to the sliding platform.  It's amazing to me how far this little one has come...


 

The other funny thing that WTK did today was that he asked me a question and I can't remember what the question was now, but he asked me a question and I answered it.  This didn't make him happy.  He only wanted me to say, "what does that?"  After I was schooled by Laura on the proper etiquette then he told me the answer.  The answers were the same - he's just an ornery little boy sometimes.

I tried to capture the gorgeous sunset on my way home - yeah, not happening.  It's winter and almost 60 degrees.  Hmmm.  Shhhhh, I'm not complaining.
Came home and we ordered Applebee's roadside to go.  It was okay.  Stew got a hamburger and liked it.  I got the fruit chicken salad.  The apples and the chicken were really good but the spicey mango salsa was a little too hot and the rest was ceaser lettuce.  Ehhh, just okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment