Howdie Family and Friends - here are the going ons in the life of me. Stew shows up frequently. My family and friends visit a lot. My nieces and nephews are represented throughout. It's all about me and how I'm traveling along in this thing I call my life.

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Journal, February 5, 2012

Today is a day I wait for all year.  I love football and I love the Superbowl even if my team isn't in it - now granted if the Steelers are there - well, that's a definite cherry on top of that icing, but I like it either way.  I love getting together with family and friends to take in the game and I agree with what my mother said a long time ago that Superbowl Monday should be a national holiday. 

Unfortunately, for me, this year I found myself not watching the Superbowl, simply because I had just way too much stuff to do.

So I missed GDH running up to Stew when he arrived and launching herself into his arms for a hug and then asking him to put her down so that she could watch him run.

I missed WTK winning the football pool.

And from all accounts, I missed a really good game.  The commercials were so-so from what I understand and the half time show was blah (what about Madonna says football to you?  What with her fake accent and the like.  Sigh...Bring back Bruce, or U2 or give The Eagles a chance - the group mind you, not the team.  The only way the Philadelphia Eagles make it to the Superbowl if someone smartens up and cans Andy Reid and since they've already announced that that isn't going to happen, I feel bad for those Eagles' fans).

So, I sorely missed the game, but my house is clean and really with thinking about going back to work tomorrow, that was really more important - it sucks being a responsible adult sometimes!

Onto next year - and hopefully a Steelers appearance.

And just for the record, I can't believe that New England lost.  I thought for sure they were going to win.  See, this is what happens when I root for a team - I'm sorry Pats fans.

Some graphics of the day I found around the web - since, a post without pictures is dull.




No comments:

Post a Comment