Howdie Family and Friends - here are the going ons in the life of me. Stew shows up frequently. My family and friends visit a lot. My nieces and nephews are represented throughout. It's all about me and how I'm traveling along in this thing I call my life.

Monday, February 13, 2012

Crockpot Oatmeal Review

Last night before bed, I set the ingredients for the Crockpot Oatmeal recipe I posted yesterday.



Worst part of it (and it wasn't really all that bad) was coring and peeling the apples.  Otherwise, everything gets measured and put in the crockpot.  Stir, set, and you're ready to go.  Though I should read directions more carefully.  The recipe called for ground flax seed - well, I bought whole flax seed.  I was a little worried about that when I set it last night but after tasting it this morning - no issues.

In one word this breakfast is delicious and very filling.  Next time I would definitely add more cinnamon than what the recipe calls for, but otherwise, it was a yummy and warm start to the day and I will definitely be making this again.

(See the flax seeds?  HAHA)  Should have turned the flash off!


All ready for the week - with added cinnamon on top.


One word to the wise, however, don't forget to spray your crockpot with cooking spray before you add your ingredients.  (It's even on the recipe - grrrr).  If you forget, you'll end up with this:







No comments:

Post a Comment