Howdie Family and Friends - here are the going ons in the life of me. Stew shows up frequently. My family and friends visit a lot. My nieces and nephews are represented throughout. It's all about me and how I'm traveling along in this thing I call my life.

Friday, February 10, 2012

10 things on the 10th

It's the 10th of February, so it's time for another 10 things on the 10th.  I thought since today is Rachel's birthday, I would talk about my 10 favorite memories and believe me, I had a hard time narrowing it down.

These are in no particular order - how could they be when you've shared so many important moments.

1.  Our vacation drive from Maryland to Maine - we got in the car without a destination in mind.  We knew we wanted to see Salem, MA; but beyond that, no hotel reservations, no idea where the path would lead us.  We just drove and saw the sights until the money ran out.  We stayed in some crazy weird motels - we slept inside our sleeping bags one night because the room only had electric heaters and they didn't look like they would turn on without starting a fire.  We, okay Rachel, had lobster in Maine.  She took a million pictures of water.  We threw fake tea into the Boston Harbor, we walked the paths of Salem learning about the witch trials.  We saw the wondrous Acadia National Park.  We talked.  We laughed.  We sat in traffic in New York because it was the same day as Princess Diana's memorial service.  We went to small shops in Vermont.  Stopped at road side stands.  It was one of the best vacations ever.

2.  Trips to Disney - once with her parents, once on our own.  My first plane ride.  Incredible.  Flirting with the Disney Princes, eating awesome food, going on amazing rides, sharing awesome times.

3. Our treks to Jarrettsville on cold winter nights to see these guys we had crushes on.  Getting stuck on the side of 95 with one coat between us and the keys locked in the car after the Grand Am broke down.

4.  Concerts - most of which we shouldn't reveal that we attended:  NKOTB, Marky Mark, and yes, Vanilla Ice.

5.  Late night runs to 7-11.  We must have looked like pot heads out to get our snack on.

6.  The drives to WaWa for sandwiches and sitting in the parking lot across the way eating our sandwiches and talking.

7.  Rummy battles with her mom.  Or Skippo, or Uno.

8. Sharing an apartment and trying to combine our outlooks on life.  I'm uptight.  She's laid back.  I'm a neat freak, she's more easy going.

9.  Tuesday afternoons and the mad dash to the magazine rack for the latest editions of the teenybopper magazines.

10. Hooking school to meet Brady Anderson or to tour Oriole Park or just about any time we hooked school. 

There's so many more things. The list is endless!

10 things on the 10th was created by Shimelle.  Head over to her blog to see what it's all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment