Howdie Family and Friends - here are the going ons in the life of me. Stew shows up frequently. My family and friends visit a lot. My nieces and nephews are represented throughout. It's all about me and how I'm traveling along in this thing I call my life.

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Book Review: Midnight Rising

Author:  Lara Adrian
Book 4 in the series:  Midnight Breed


Photo from the author's website.

Description from Amazon:

Book Description

March 25, 2008
In a world of shadows and dark, consuming hungers, desire is the deadliest weapon...

For journalist Dylan Alexander, it began with the discovery of a hidden tomb, thrusting her into the center of a gathering storm of violence and secrets. But nothing is as dangerous as the scarred, lethally seductive man who rises from the shadows to draw her into his world of dark desire and endless night.

Fueled by pain and rage over a shattering betrayal, the warrior Rio has pledged his life to the war against the Rogues. He will let nothing stand in his way—least of all a mortal woman with the power to expose the entire vampire race. For an ancient evil has been awakened, and a stunning darkness is on the rise. Suddenly Dylan is powerless to resist Rio’s touch, even as she uncovers a shocking link to her own past. And now she must choose: Leave Rio’s midnight realm, or risk it all for the man who has shown her true passion and the infinite pleasures of the heart. . . .
Started: 16 Feb 2012
Finished: 17 Feb 2012
Grade: C
My Comments
Besides the first book in this series, this one is the weakest of them all.  I thought that, unlike the last book where the hero's conflicts were addressed and the time was taken to explore how he moved past them, Rio's issues were glossed over and this is a very basic romance without the tension and conflict that I prefer.  I admit it, I like some angst and while there was some of that, this book failed to walk me through Rio getting over all that happened to him in the past in order for him to explore this new love with Dylan.  While the second book of this series made we want to pick up the third, this one made me wonder if I want to read the fifth one.

No comments:

Post a Comment