Howdie Family and Friends - here are the going ons in the life of me. Stew shows up frequently. My family and friends visit a lot. My nieces and nephews are represented throughout. It's all about me and how I'm traveling along in this thing I call my life.

Monday, February 27, 2012

Journal, February 26, 2012

Well, what was supposed to be a day filled with family and Daytona racing was a day filled with watching the rain delay at Daytona, cancellation of the Daytona party due to mom being a bit under the weather and Ms. CEH's arrival, packing up the suitcases, a stressful drive to the airport, an easy flight to Columbus, an easy drive to Cincinnati and a late crawl into bed.

I'm glad they called the race because I had to catch a plane and I would have missed it.  They'll be racing under the lights in Daytona tomorrow for the first ever Monday Night racing - take that NFL.  I really hope that Tony wins this damn race this year.  I mean, he's on a role right and it's like the only major thing he hasn't won.  Come on Tony.

It sounds like from what I'm hearing that Ms. CEH will be going home tomorrow.  I can't wait to see her but there's like a two week delay now because of my trip.

Packing was interesting this time - normally I know exactly what I'm taking and it's already in the suitcase, but this time, it's two full weeks - hmmm.  That means full sized toiletries and more clothes than normal.  I actually had to check bags - what???


The ride to the airport was stressful and you'd be surprised to know which one of us was stressed.  It wasn't me.  We were sitting in stopped traffic outside of the 895 tunnel watching all of the traffic moving on 95.  Stew was grinding his teeth, I think.  Good news is though, we made it.  No problems.

My hotel room is actually really nice.  Full size refrigerator, stove and dish washer.  I have two bedrooms just for me - but they're double beds so when Stew visits this weekend, I may just go sleep in the other bedroom since I sleep on the diagonal and he's going to need some room.  I'm super excited for tomorrow and not at all nervous which I guess is weird when starting a new job.  Beats me.  I know it's going to be a 5 hour energy drink kind of day regardless because I didn't get to my room until almost 2AM.  And I actually have to dress up and commute to work (you know, all of five minutes, but still!!)

There's also a fire place but there's no way I'm starting any kind of fire, tried that once, didn't like it so much.  Sigh....

For now it's time to crawl into bed and get as much sleep as possible for the big day tomorrow.

Photos of the hotel room that I'll call home for the next 2 weeks:






During the rain delay for the race Krista Voda interviewed Kasey Kahne.  They were comparing battle wounds from their knee surgeries - look how damn skinny his legs are.  HAHA - too cute, he is.


No comments:

Post a Comment