Howdie Family and Friends - here are the going ons in the life of me. Stew shows up frequently. My family and friends visit a lot. My nieces and nephews are represented throughout. It's all about me and how I'm traveling along in this thing I call my life.

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Journal, February 9, 2012

Back to work today - actually sitting at my desk.  463 emails in one month, not too bad.  I had that number cut down to 43 by the time I left to go to the doctors.  I had a meeting with my project manager and study lead - we're in full assault initiation mode for the study - so it's time to set up these visits and hit the road.  Not looking forward to that all that much, but in order to do my job (which I love), I have to travel (which I don't love but see as a necessary evil).  First visit is a trip to VA next Thursday.  Not bad to start.  My other two sites are in Louisville - so again, not bad.

I did receive terrible news today though - my counselor is moving to Richmond.  This is devastating.  This is the longest I've ever stuck to therapy and I feel like we have been sorting a lot of things out and making a lot of head way and now she's leaving.  She guarantees me that the person she is referring me to is just as good, but I'm skeptical.  Once you find someone you like (whether it be a hair stylist, a dentist, a doctor, etc), it's pretty hard to think about finding that same level of comfort with anyone else.  First my hair stylist and now my therapist.  Sigh....

I'm sure other stuff happened today, but that's the basic gist of the day.

Looking forward to seeing PAM and PEM tomorrow.  Hope they stay healthy until then....

No comments:

Post a Comment