Howdie Family and Friends - here are the going ons in the life of me. Stew shows up frequently. My family and friends visit a lot. My nieces and nephews are represented throughout. It's all about me and how I'm traveling along in this thing I call my life.

Monday, May 21, 2012

Journal: May 21, 2012

Did a lot of research today on low carb dieting.  I don't want to go crazy, but I want to stop eating empty carbs and curb all of my sugar cravings, so with that in mind I made Stew's shopping list for the week.  Not feeling like cooking tonight, I asked him to get stuff for sandwiches and I'll start the low carb thing tomorrow.  He bought the thinnest bread I've ever seen.  A serving size is 3 slices - who eats three slices of bread at a sitting unless you're making a double decker sandwich.  Crazy.

I didn't get a picture myself but searched for it online - got this photo from 

Stew got me cherries at the store - they were pretty tasty but still just a little too early for them.  I'm not going to be eating cherries for a bit as I try to curb these sugar cravings.  Still going to eat fruit, but just not a crazy amount and mostly berries, lean meats, veggies and cheese.

After dinner, Stew and I watched some tv.

We got the shows we missed from Hulu.  (The Direct TV guy came today and fixed the satellite, but we're behind on some shows that our DVR didn't record - so we went to Hulu - gotta watch commercials with that.  That sucks!)

We watched the season ender of How I Met Your Mother - I'm actually happy with the way it turned out.  I wanted Barney to end up with who he marries but I spent the whole episode wondering how in the hell they were going to get there.

We watched the season ender of NCIS - I freaking hate cliff hangers.  Who knows who lives and who dies.  As Stew says, "it depends on who signs on."

And we watched the last NCIS LA of the season.  Callen shot the suspect - I really wonder how they're going to come back from that, unless he's leaving the show.  It's going to be interesting, but now I have to wait until forEVER to find out.  Grrrrr.  I have no patience for that stuff.

Stew and I also watched the previews for some of the new shoes that will premier next season.

The New Normal
Chicago Fire
Arrow
Crossbones*
Cult*
Emily Owens, M.D. - even Justin Hartley can't make me want to watch this one
Last Resort*
Revolution*
Vegas*
Zero Hour*

All the ones I put asterisks next to are the ones for Stew.

And we keep talking about cutting down our tv watching - HA!

No comments:

Post a Comment