Howdie Family and Friends - here are the going ons in the life of me. Stew shows up frequently. My family and friends visit a lot. My nieces and nephews are represented throughout. It's all about me and how I'm traveling along in this thing I call my life.

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Journal: May 19, 2012

Investigator meeting today for my study.  Learned a lot about the study drug and the disease and the presentations were actually entertaining - something you don't always find at medical conferences.  I'm excited for this study to really get running.  I've been pretty bored at work since I started.  Hopefully, things will pick up now.

The meeting provided breakfast and lunch.  I actually had salmon for lunch and liked it.  That's weird, but I'm going to keep trying it, maybe after awhile I'll start to like it, which would be good because eating fish is a good thing and you can get salmon anywhere, but I don't normally like it.  The hotel had the best rolls though.  I think I had them for dessert following lunch.

The meeting ended at 1:30 which was much earlier than expected - something else that doesn't usually happen.  I didn't move my flight though, but did move up my car to the airport, which turned out to be a really good thing on both counts as going through customs at the Toronto airport was a pain in the neck.  The lines were very long and they had only a few people working.  I got through with no issues, but it took a long time.

I was super glad that my gate was close because the airport is huge and I didn't want to walk all that way in heels - yeah, silly me didn't bring clothes to change into for the flight home like I normally do.  I thought why bother.  Well, standing in that line at the airport and then landing in Philly and having to walk from concourse F to concourse A - yeah, really should have brought a change of clothes.

The flight home was easy and I had the whole row to myself.

I had a bit of a panic attack at the Toronto airport - Stew texted me to tell me that Matt was coming down.  ACK, the house is trashed.  Stew said that he would clean it up and make it presentable and he did, but this is just one of the many reasons that we need to stay on our routines.  The house should always be company or close to company ready.

I got home and Direct TV wasn't working though Matt had come down to watch the All Star race but can't because the satellite is out.  Stew and I thought something happened when they put the roof on but then it seemed to have started working again so we canceled the service call - turns out that was a mistake.  Stew called direct TV they will be here on Monday.  The boys watched the race on the computer.  Damn Jimmie Johnson won again.

The boys had pizza in the oven for me when I got home - yummy and Matt brought pretzels down.

They went to Cracker Barrel for dinner.  Stew picked up a jar of real jaw breakers for me and two bars of emergency chocolate.  Awesome.

I went to bed before Matt left.  So tired.  Can't wait until I write a journal entry where I say that I'm not tired anymore.  Yeah, like that will ever happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment