Howdie Family and Friends - here are the going ons in the life of me. Stew shows up frequently. My family and friends visit a lot. My nieces and nephews are represented throughout. It's all about me and how I'm traveling along in this thing I call my life.

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Journal: May 2, 2012

It's a weird day.  It's my mom's birthday.  This is always a tough part of the year.  We lost mom on April 14th, her birthday is May 2nd, mother's day is the second Sunday in May - it's like a constant barrage of reminders - not that we need any.  I miss the excitement she had for this time of the year.  She loved her birthday, loved mother's day, loved the beginning of summer.  There isn't a day that goes by that I don't miss her, but on these days, that pain is a little more intense.  I cling to the memories and to my family - they get me through.

Other than the overall melancholy of the day, today was a day much like any other.  I had a training meeting, then some work to do, then a late meeting.  My study has Australian sites so in order to do a team meeting, we have to meet from 5 to 6 on Wednesdays.  I know it's necessary, but I can't say that I'm liking it much.  Oh well, nature of the beast.

Since I have this late meeting now - Stew is in charge of dinner on Wednesday nights.  Tonight it was manwich with oven baked potatoes.  He even made me brussel sprouts, which I thought I loved.  I mean I used to eat them all the time when I was a kid - but ick.  I don't know if my mother made them some special way or what, but those things were nasty tonight.  I don't think that I'll be eating any more of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment