Howdie Family and Friends - here are the going ons in the life of me. Stew shows up frequently. My family and friends visit a lot. My nieces and nephews are represented throughout. It's all about me and how I'm traveling along in this thing I call my life.

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Breakfast Today

Flax Meal Peanut Butter Hot Cereal



I must say, I didn't think I would like this at all, but it's not bad.  It definitely tastes better than it looks.  I did add two packets of Nevella (no calorie sweetener) to it and much more cinnamon than the recipe calls for, but this is easy to make and actually pretty good.  I think the fact that I used crunchy, natural peanut butter also helps, gives it a bit of texture.  I would suggest to eat it warm, though, it tends to get a bit pasty as it cools.

Also, there's a warning on the recipe about the issue of immediately adding this much fiber to your diet if you're not used to it.  I'll see how that goes during the day and spare you the details.  HA!  But if it turns out to be an issue, at least I work in the privacy of my own home and I'm not on a plane today.

Picture to be added to the post later.

No comments:

Post a Comment