Howdie Family and Friends - here are the going ons in the life of me. Stew shows up frequently. My family and friends visit a lot. My nieces and nephews are represented throughout. It's all about me and how I'm traveling along in this thing I call my life.

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Journal: May 12, 2012

Well, the day didn't turn out at all like I had planned.

I woke up and made PEM, PAM, and Amber's birthday cards as well as a mother's day card for mom for tomorrow.  I hate that I wait until the last minute for these things, but honestly, if it wasn't for the last minute, I don't think that I would get anything done.  One thing I did realize as I was working on the cards is that my stamp organization system has failed me - I couldn't find what I needed.  I'm going to have to revisit this at another time.

I was taking pictures of the cards when Stew got up and came down.  He told me he had bad news.  I thought seriously that something had happened to one of my brothers.  No.  It turns out that my father died last night.  Now, I haven't seen the man in many, many years so I'm not quite sure what I'm feeling or thinking.  I talked to Shawn and Phill and they both said the same thing as I did.  You're sad that your father is dead, but then you think about the type of man he was and what he did to you and your mom and you just can't feel that broken up about it.  I don't know.  I was affected more by it than I ever thought I would be.  There was this sick feeling in my stomach and I just felt lost really in a weird way.  I knew after I heard that I just wanted to be with my family.  Stew called and told Chuck that we wouldn't make the birthday party which made me sad because I haven't seen them in so long, but I just wasn't feeling like myself after hearing the news - so I made plans to hang out with Phill, GEP and Christina.  I just really want to be with my family.

I talked to Shawn.  He'll be home for sure on 6/12 - I'm so excited.  That's a month away.  I can't wait to see him, Meli and SMP and EAP.  I told Shawn about Sam being stationed at Fort Knox - he's going to hook up with him, which I think is awesome.

My EAP said hi to me and then his dad was torturing him telling him to go back to sleep and he kept telling his dad, "Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo."  Cars is his favorite movie right now and The Smurfs is SMP's favorite movie.  Shawn said that they're on constant rotation at the house.

Meli and Shawn call SMP the little lawyer since she's always bargaining for something and she's now hit the Why phase.  To everything everyone says, she says why. 

I don't know if I journaled it correctly the last time but her version of the Pledge of Allegiance was "with libery and just a frog."  Too cute.

Shawn and I talked about the Orioles winning.  He says it's the cartoon bird.  He also said that they are the minor league affiliate for other teams.  They bring these guys up, they show promise, the O's won't pay them an so they go to other teams.  I definitely see that.

I talked to SMP and she told me that her bike is on its way to America and she told Stew that her mom said that she can swim all day long in America.  She's cute - though Shawn says that she's bad.  He'll get them both seated for dinner, walk into the kitchen and come back and EAP is eating with a Tinkerbell spoon because SMP took EAP's car spoon away from him.

After I talked to Shawn, I talked to Nick for awhile.  I really don't have much to say there. 

Then Stew made me breakfast - bagel with cream cheese.  Damn him, I could have gone my whole life without knowing how much I liked this totally bad for me thing.

We then headed down to Phill and Christina's.  Today is our five year wedding anniversary.  It really does seem like just yesterday.

GEP had news for me, or more his mother had funny stories about him to share with me - he was at baseball, climbing the fence and shaking his butt at everyone; he put Molly in a wheel barrow, he touched a snake and he's got his first loose tooth.  It's an exciting time for him.

Stew found me the other box of candy I wanted.  Mike and Ike's are running a campaign where they have scratched one of the names off of some of the boxes and the other name off of other boxes.  Stew got me Mike's a few weeks ago and today he found me Ike's.  He's awesome.

Phill told me about talking to SMP.  He asked her if she was giving her parents a hard time and she said, "yes."  At least she's truthful.

The reason Stew had to go to the store was because Phill's sour cream was bad.  I asked how anyone could tell when sour cream was bad.  Phill said, "when it's grown mold, it's bad."  Yeah, good point.

GEP showed me his bottle cap collection.  He started collecting them for a friend of his but then he decided that collecting them was cool so he started keeping them for himself.

GEP also showed great skill at the hula hoop and even Phill gave it a try.  We tried to get Stew to do it, but he only swung it around his arm - party pooper.

We got crabs from a new place today since Salty Dogs didn't have any.  It was Capt Jim's Crabs in Bowley's Quarters - the crabs were tasty but they use red pepper flakes in their seasoning.  It was the first time ever Phill and I washed off our crabs.

Phill also made hot dogs and hamburgers on the grill.

GEP and Stew spent time playing Foosball and of course GEP was making up his own rules.

It was a good day even if it wasn't the day we had planned.  We'll have to see about setting something up with Amber and Chuck to see them and the girls.

Tomorrow we're off to Jersey to celebrate Mother's Day.

OH how could I forget - my GEP has his first loose tooth.  He's very excited about the Tooth Fairy coming to visit!




No comments:

Post a Comment