Howdie Family and Friends - here are the going ons in the life of me. Stew shows up frequently. My family and friends visit a lot. My nieces and nephews are represented throughout. It's all about me and how I'm traveling along in this thing I call my life.

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Journal: May 1, 2012

I woke up this morning when Stew got in the shower.  Of course, I didn't hear the alarm, just the water coming on.  I know I've said this before, but it's so weird that when he's home I don't hear the alarm, but when he's not, it wakes me up.  I'm thinking maybe because he turns it off so fast that it doesn't have time to wake me up?  Who knows?

I said to Stew this morning, "I'm annoying in the morning, aren't I?"  He said, "look there, candlesticks."  he then said, "Well, it's not all I was thinking."  Apparently, what he was really thinking was, "yeah, in the morning."  Ass!


I put my workout gear on right away, then took care of Stew's hands and then got sidetracked playing games on Stew's phone.  Thankfully, he left for work and took the phone with him.

I went downstairs to Zumba - side tracked again by reorganizing of the craft room.  As Stew said, "I don't know why you do these things before you have people over."  Yeah, me either.  This is what it looks like in it's current mess.  Maybe I'll get it done before everyone comes over for National Scrapbooking day on Saturday.


 
 

Stew paid off the sears account yesterday.  Another bill gone.  We're going to now focus on paying off our roof and then the car and then the student loans.  It's all about focusing on those loans with the most interest.  Stew hates paying interest.


Today's the first day of LOAD.  31 layouts in 31 days with a trip to Toronto thrown in for good measure and a potential monitoring visit - why do I do these things to myself?  Tuesdays during LOAD will be Tough Topic Tuesday.  Today's Challenge is Self Portrait.  Ugh.  Even though I hated the challenge, I was pretty happy with what I came up with - that's posted over on the craft blog if you want to see it.

I'm starting to feel a little discouraged about the scrapbook videos.  I'm stuck at 26 subscribers for days now.  I'm starting to question if I'm any good at this at all - but I think that's normal especially for someone like me who isn't naturally artistic.  I'm just going to keep plugging away at it.  It may not come naturally to me, but I learn new stuff every day and in the end it's more about preserving these memories than anything else.

I put off working out a bit today to have breakfast and get a 5 hour energy drink, just to see if that helps because I was feeling well out of focus today.

Felt better after that and actually forced myself to work out.  New Routine and didn't like it.  There's something about some of the rhythm sections on some of these dances (especially the more Latin ones and the one that's like country hoe down - I think it's called We Speak No Americano) I look ridiculous doing them.  Once again, the theme - practice makes perfect.

I called to schedule a hair appointment.  Seems my stylist has broken her ankle and is out.  So Mary leaves the salon to care for her mother and now Roberta is out due to a broken ankle - I'm just all out of luck on this front.  So I'll see Abby this Saturday.  If she makes it until then.

Also got a call back from my new counselor.  We've scheduled an appointment for the 14th.  I just know she won't be Paula but here's hoping she's better than most of the other ones I saw.

I started dinner when Stew got home.  Cooking always makes me think about my mom.  I have a question - today's was, "what's the easiest way to shred carrots" - and I think I could just call her and ask her.  Well, there's always the internet - thank you cook.com or whatever it was.  Though no amount of help from the internet will remind me to read directions.  Dinner was delayed because I failed to realize how long the brown rice was going to take too cook.  I just don't have that kind of patience.

It was all for naught though because after one biteful of the food, I said to Stew, "that shit is rank."
  

He liked it though - go figure.  I got the recipe from sparkpeople.  It's Pork and Veggie Stir Fry.  It was gross.  Maybe it was the peanut butter or something, I'm just not sure, but I didn't like it and so we won't be having it again at least not the way the recipe reads.  Stew suggested leaving out the peanut butter and adding onions.  I might try that in a pinch, but honestly there's so many recipes I want to try that I'm okay with just ditching this one.  

Rest of the night was spent talking before bed.  So sleepy tonight.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment