Howdie Family and Friends - here are the going ons in the life of me. Stew shows up frequently. My family and friends visit a lot. My nieces and nephews are represented throughout. It's all about me and how I'm traveling along in this thing I call my life.

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Journal: May 17, 2012

Woke right up with Stew this morning at 5, but by 7:30 I knew I wouldn't have been able to function any longer.  I didn't want to take a nap and tried to fight it as long as possible, but I just couldn't keep my eyes open and couldn't function, so I finally gave in and went to lay down.

I felt better after the nap but after I woke up and checked my text messages I found out that everyone did in fact go strawberry picking today.  We had heard from Kelly last night that GDH had a really high fever and Laura called and talked to Stew (I was just so totally tired I couldn't get on the phone) and I guess I misunderstood.  I didn't know that Laura, Mom, Dad and WTK still planned to go.  I figured it was cancelled completely.  Oh well, I was sad that I didn't get to go but I saw all the pictures.  It looked like everyone had a great time and there will be other days when there's something else to pick.

I thought about going outside and doing something after my nap since it was so gorgeous outside so I started researching things going on around here and added a bunch of stuff to our calendar. 

Stew went to a container auction and since they don't allow cameras didn't get any pictures.  He said the people were friendly and nice and it was definitely worth the trip.  They sold 14 lockers in 45 minutes.  He said there were about 20 people there and some of them were dressed like him in business attire.  One of the containers went for $900 it had furniture in it and bubble wrapped stuff.  Stew didn't buy anything, he was more going just to research and he said that it was really interesting and he would definitely look into doing it again.

I spent some time trying to organize the scrap room.  The containers I bought at Michaels aren't looking like they are going to work and the ones that I thought would work but wasn't sure and didn't buy, I'm glad that I didn't, because they wouldn't have worked either.  I'll have to go through and find something else.  Maybe I'll take a run up the dollar store next week and see if I can find anything.

I found out that the church I belonged to in Dundalk is having their carnival this weekend.  It's the same carnival where Stew and I met - definitely think we're going to be doing that.  It is the 6th anniversary of our first date this weekend.  Kind of full circle.


No comments:

Post a Comment