Howdie Family and Friends - here are the going ons in the life of me. Stew shows up frequently. My family and friends visit a lot. My nieces and nephews are represented throughout. It's all about me and how I'm traveling along in this thing I call my life.

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Journal: April 8, 2012

Stew and I got up early this morning and headed up to Jersey for another day filled with family.  This time we were headed to mom and dad's.

On the way up to Jersey, we were going around those 35 mph turns on 295 and I said to Stew, "this car corners like it's on wheels."  "I would hope so," was his response.  Duh!  I meant to say rails, this car corners like it's on rails a la Pretty Woman - so messed that one up.

It was a gorgeous day outside.  The bigger boys played catch with a tennis ball, there was an Easter Egg hunt, WTK and GDH enjoyed running around the back yard.  GDH has no fear whatsoever, jumping from one picnic bench to the other.  Though she was wearing a dress, Kelly did a smart thing and put shorts on underneath of it.  GDH is much to active to think about keeping the dress down in a ladylike fashion.  CEH was up and smiling and enjoying everyone's attention.  WTK played ball with the big kids.  I got to feed CEH and she was smiling at me.  We watched the Philly's game and everyone sat down for Easter dinner.  The ham was delicious.  My goodness.  I could eat that every day.  Only thing it needed was my horseradish.  I put beets in mine, Dad finds this to be no good - but next year I hope to remember.

I got to talk to Shawn for about an hour.  I was sitting inside the house and dad was outside doing something with the hose but the front door was open.  I was sitting on the steps leading into the basement went I got squirted with water - inside the house!  I'm not sure why I'm surprised.  Shawn thought that was funny as hell.

Shawn will be home around June 10th.  I'm so excited.  I can't wait.  I got to talk to Sara on the phone, she's excited to be coming to America.  She said the Pledge for me.  So awesome.  Shawn said when she first learned it, she would say, "and just three frogs" instead of "and justice for all."  The funniest stories come from how little ears hear what adults are saying.

I took a million pictures of the day.  They are all on Smug Mug.  Here are some of my favorites:

I just realized I don't have one picture of mom from today.  I'm going to have to see if Kel or Laura do.

No comments:

Post a Comment