Howdie Family and Friends - here are the going ons in the life of me. Stew shows up frequently. My family and friends visit a lot. My nieces and nephews are represented throughout. It's all about me and how I'm traveling along in this thing I call my life.

Friday, April 27, 2012

Journal: April 27, 2012

Ahhhhh, this blog is so far behind and getting it caught up is actually preventing me from posting anything new, which, honestly, just gets me in a bigger hole.  Oh the crazy ways my mind thinks.  It's all or nothing, my friends, all or nothing.  Except today I decided no more.  Yes, I have a million (only slightly exaggerating) posts to get written and memories to preserver, but today's important, too, even if I didn't do anything exciting. 

Warning, warning, boredom ahead.

Unfortunately, the worst thing about everything right now is it's all back off the routine.  Stew going out of town and then me going out of town has thrown a real wrench in things and I'm struggling to get back on top of things.  I think that's part of the reason why I couldn't sleep last night.  Just laid there staring so I got up and went in the living room.  I don't know what time I went to sleep, but I do no I was no where near ready to wake up when Stew did this morning.  I got up around 6:30 which honestly wasn't that bad.  Stew got to work really early today because he didn't wake me up until he left - which meant he could leave right for work without me delaying him.  Cause if I'm awake in the morning, I'm pretty talkative.  I had planned to do zumba this morning, that didn't happen.  And I know why - I need to have the clothes laid out the night before and not have to think about anything in the morning.  That hasn't happened, so I haven't zumba'ed.  I don't think that's a verb, but for now, I say it is.  I got up at 6:30, got caught up on my google reader, ordered the clips to finish the organizing in my craft room, then jumped in the shower, made breakfast, got dressed, and prepared for the 2.5 hour training session I had this morning.  It's interesting to see how other EDC systems are used.  It's pretty straight forward, I'm happy to say.  First patient on my study is screening on Monday - exciting time.  Glad to know I now can review data!  HA!

Other than work today, I played in the scrap room.  Had cereal for dinner.  Stew and I watched some tv and he updated me on the draft - well, only on the parts I care about, like the Steelers.  We drafted an offensive lineman who Stew says is the best lineman in the draft and with Pouncey next time him it may strengthen our protection.  Sounds good to me, only problem is the collective age of our linebackers is around 104 and we have 1, exactly 1, person who plays defensive secondary.  It's going to be a long season.

I made a new blog for myself that focuses only on my crafty endeavors.  I've spent most of the night working on it.  It can be found here if you're interested:

The other thing I did today was go out and water my flowers.  The lawn guy did a great job and the last thing I want is for them to die.  I also put on my photographer hat and tried to get some cool, arty pictures.  I don't feel like doing any downloading tonight so I'll have to share them tomorrow.

Don't know what our plans for the weekend are yet, they're pretty weather dependent.  We were going to go yard sale-ing tomorrow and then clean out the garage on Sunday and no those activities are not related - but it's calling for rain all weekend and if that's the case, I'm thinking pajama weekend for me sounds wonderful.

I have to get to bed now though.  My contacts are drying on my eyes and I can't stop yawning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment