Howdie Family and Friends - here are the going ons in the life of me. Stew shows up frequently. My family and friends visit a lot. My nieces and nephews are represented throughout. It's all about me and how I'm traveling along in this thing I call my life.

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Journal: April 28, 2012

The NASCAR race just ended - well, I should say, it just ended for us.  We DVR'ed the first hour and a half or so in the hopes of avoiding commercials.  What a crappy ending.  I thought for sure Tony had that thing won.  I kept saying to Stew:  no cautions, no cautions, no cautions.  He'd been spinning the tires all night on restarts and I didn't want to have to face another one.  Then it happened.  NASCAR threw the caution.  The tv didn't show us what the caution was for - but I wish they would have otherwise I'm thinking that they're sick of hearing the fans whine about boring racing and they threw the damn thing just to tighten up the field going into the final laps.  What bull crap.  Oh well, I guess it just wasn't meant to be.  Sigh.

Stew's gone up to bed but I don't think there's a chance of my getting there very soon.  You see, I woke up this morning around 4:30, went down to the craft room and worked on editing some videos for uploading to my other blog.  Around 7:15, I checked outside and there was no rain.  Since Stew really wanted to go to yard sales today, I thought I'd better go up and wake up sleeping beauty.  I made myself a cup of tea, got a breakfast shake and poured myself some OJ to take my pills and then went in to wake him.  On my way by the thermostat in the hall way, I realized why I had goosebumps.  It was 62 in our house.  Stew's reaction is, "maybe that's why I slept so well."  Yeah...maybe.  Stew decides yeah he wants to go to the yard sales and we start talking.  All the while my bed and the warmth of the covers are calling my name.  I climb in for only a few minutes, you know, next thing I know it's 11:30 and the things I set out for breakfast - still there.


Stew said I fell asleep in about two seconds flat and he wasn't waking me - he likes his parts where they are.  That kind of killed the plans for the yard sales today so I headed to the craft room and continued the never ending job of organizing.  Why I decided to pull it all apart continues to be a mystery to me and until my clips come in, I can't get it exactly how I want it, but I feel like I made some progress today, so that's a good thing.

Between playing in the craft room, I hung out with Stew.  We watched Blue Bloods from last night (love that show!) and we continued to watch Parking Wars.  This show is down right crazy.  I can't even tell you what the appeal is, but we've been sucked in.  Good quote from today's show, Ponytail says, "I don't know if there's parking in heaven, but I know for sure there's no parking in hell."  Ain't that the truth - although, my hell will be sitting in traffic.  If God wants to punish me for all of the sins I've committed, that's what he's going to do.  Plop me right down in the middle of rush hour traffic in say, oh I don't know, San Francisco.  Grrrrr.  Glad I don't have any sites there on my new studies.

Saw a commercial tonight that was pretty funny.  The guy said, "Well the good news is, with my 401K, I can retire when I'm 83."  That was just hysterical to me.

During the race today, JPM and Kurt Busch were racing side by side and things were getting dicey.  Tony pulled up behind them and Stew said, "Oh look, here comes Mr. Reasonable now."  LOL.  Funny.

We had pizza from Pizza Hut today.  Not very good.  Stew likes their bread sticks better than anyone else's, so he prefers we order from there.  Their pizza sucks - next time I'm going to ask the delivery person if he can stop by Little Ceasars and pick up my pizza while he's delivering Stew's breadsticks.  HA!

Received the invite to Mom and Dad's Memorial Day shindig - excited for that.  Loving spending time with the whole family!

GDH started swim lessons today and according to her mom everything went well - except Ms. GDH can't stop giggling and thus swallows water.  That's not the point my dear niece.  Might have to go up and watch her swim sometime.  Speaking of which, I need GEP and MNP's little league schedules.  Have to send messages to their mothers tomorrow.

Neighbors today were having a party and I needed my own representative from parking wars.  I don't understand why people have to park this way.  When I have too many people to mark vertical to the curb (for lack of a better description) in front of my house, I ask them to park along the lower end of the cul-de-sac.  Apparently, not my neighbor.  I guess he figures having his guests park in front of our drive way is acceptable.  Good thing Stew and I had no plans today.  



Don't know what we're going to do tomorrow.  We had planned to clean out the garage, but it is supposed to rain.  It was supposed to rain today, too - so I guess we'll make the decision about plans when Stew wakes up.  No matter, rain or not, we're going to get out of this house - that is if no one is parked in front of our driveway.

My check in on my Eaglets today found them sleeping...


No comments:

Post a Comment