Howdie Family and Friends - here are the going ons in the life of me. Stew shows up frequently. My family and friends visit a lot. My nieces and nephews are represented throughout. It's all about me and how I'm traveling along in this thing I call my life.

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Journal: April 25, 2012

Well, I survived my day in a dress without nylons.  I guess I'm just old fashioned and don't think that a woman looks finished and polished with bare legs.  You can throw me back in the 1960s or wherever with that thinking but I don't see it changing any time soon.  But I survived.

Training went well today and actually finished early.  We talked a lot about the upcoming investigator meeting which will be held in Toronto.  I better get my passport ready to go.  HAHA.

With the meeting ending early, I was hopeful to get on an earlier flight.  There was some confusion with my taxi.  The driver was told to pick me up in one place and he was sitting in another.  So lucky for me, I decided to go look at the main entrance to see if he was mistakenly sitting there - lo and behold he was.  He was lucky I had changed into my jeans and sneakers before I walked through the rain, lugging all my bags and my lunch with me, to find him.  What is with taxi drivers and this city?  Please get me home.

I got to the airport and my plans for the earlier flight are dashed.  Not only am I not going to get on the early flight, but my flight is delayed.  Welcome back Gina to the world of business travel.  Lovely.

Oh well, finally board and again a pretty empty plane for which I'm thankful.

Get to BWI, my wonderful Stewbert picks me up and we're trying to figure out what the hell to do for dinner - we decide to hell with it.  We're just going to have McDonalds.  Neither of us feel like cooking and it's fast. 

We watch some DVR shows, check on my Eaglets - Momma was feeding them.

And then it was off to bed.  Long day - looking forward to just banging around the house in my pajamas tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment