Howdie Family and Friends - here are the going ons in the life of me. Stew shows up frequently. My family and friends visit a lot. My nieces and nephews are represented throughout. It's all about me and how I'm traveling along in this thing I call my life.

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Journal: April 24, 2012

CRA training started at 7AM, had to be in the lobby of the hotel at 6:30 - brutal.  That's a bit early for me. 


The training was very in-depth and thorough which I really appreciate.  I appreciated too that the sponsor knows how hard it is sometimes to make it through one of these things.  The study manager from the sponsor kept us away by supplying a lot of candy.  There was always coffee to be had and this sponsor knows how to feed you.  They had yogurt parfaits, danish and a fruit tray for breakfast.  Mid morning snack.  Lunch was a pasta bar - the ziti was incredible for catering food and then there was an afternoon snack all the while eating Dove caramels.  Yummy.

Only two things marred the day:  I was way overdressed.  I wore a business suit.  In my last life, you met with the client (sponsor) you dressed appropriately.  Always very professionally, regardless of what the sponsor said the dress was like.  The invitation to the training said business casual and that's exactly what I could have worn.  Furthermore, I ran my nylons - grrrrrr.  In fact, I ran both pairs I brought with me - so there will be no panty hose for me and my dress and blazer tomorrow.  Definitely overdressed.  Oh well, I guess it's better to be overdressed than underdressed.

The training went until 5PM.  Ouch - long day and a lot of information to absorb, but necessary.

We headed to Cooper's Hawk Winery and Restaurant for dinner.  The atmosphere was awesome and the food was incredible.  I had steak.  It was very tasty.  We sat at a large round table with a lazy susan in the middle and everyone could share the appetizers and the wine by rotating that.  The appetizers were two types of shrimp and though I wanted to try them, with the contact allergy I had a couple of weeks ago to shrimp I want to be near home when I try them again.  No need to go into anaphylactic shock on a business trip. The conversation during dinner was really good too.  This is going to be a great team.  The most interesting thing at the dinner, to me, besides the people and food of course, was the wine decanter used by the restaurant.  If I could have figured out a way to bring it home, I would have.  The whole bottle was poured into the decanter and it was placed on the lazy susan and then everyone could pour their own glass from there.  I didn't have any - I was too afraid that I'd be asleep in my potatoes if I did.  The whole time at dinner was very enjoyable.

The study manager and I talked about my site in Moncton Canada - she said, "There's a nice Residence Inn near there with a pretty good Italian restaurant across the street."  I told you this sponsor is all about the eating.  HAHA.




When I got back to my hotel, Stew had texted me to let me know that the flowers had been put in.  I can't wait to see them.  My yard will be so pretty to go home to.

I washed my face, brushed my teeth and put on my pajamas and got in bed to read - but was way too tired.  I was asleep before I knew it.

Another half day of training tomorrow and then on my way home!

No comments:

Post a Comment