Howdie Family and Friends - here are the going ons in the life of me. Stew shows up frequently. My family and friends visit a lot. My nieces and nephews are represented throughout. It's all about me and how I'm traveling along in this thing I call my life.

Monday, April 23, 2012

Journal: April 23, 2012

Woke up this morning with a list a mile long of things I needed to get done before boarding my flight to Chicago.  Luckily for me it wasn't leaving until much later this evening.  I started by making my to do and shopping lists.  Got ready and it was time to head out...

Our lawn guy is coming tomorrow to re-mulch and plant flowers in our front yard.  So I had to go to Home Depot to pick up the things I wanted.

I saw this fountain - super cute.  I seriously want this.

I spent way too much time looking at flowers - but I ended up with an assortment that I like and this Japanese Maple.  This was my mother's favorite tree - so I think it's awesome that Stew and I will have one growing in our front yard.  That is if I can figure out how to keep it alive - one thing I didn't inherit from my mother is her green thumb.

The clouds were looking ominous as I left the Home Depot - just love flying when it's looking like this outside.

I got home from the store and laid out all of the flowers that I bought in the yard to let our lawn guy (how Stew refers to him and honestly, how he refers to himself) know where I wanted him to put them in.  It'll be nice to have a pretty front yard.

It was then time to pack and I have to tell you, I'm out of practice.  It's been so long, I was forgetting stuff, packing 2 of something - just complete chaos.  Maybe this is one of those things if you don't use it you lose it or something.  I'm not sure.  What I do know is that it took almost double the time it normally takes. 

I must admit that it's pretty humbling to know that you can fail a pregnancy test.  The results didn't come up positive or negative - it said unreadable.  How in the hell - I failed the pregnancy test.  LOL.  I figured it out later.  It's negative - unfortunately.

After I finished packing -whew.  I made dinner.  Stew and I had spaghetti.  It was nice to have this time to spend together before having to catch a flight.  I wish I could leave late enough in the day every time to make this happen.  Stew took me to the airport - cause he's nice like that.

The flight only had 40 people on it, so that was really nice.  Everyone basically had their own row to themselves and there was no fighting over bin space.  Another plus I guess for late night travel.

Arrived in Chicago - forgot how absolutely crazy Midway airport is.  I mean, it's not like Atlanta or O'Hare - but it's small, and it handles a lot of flights so the concourses are always really congested and getting through there is like going through an obstacle course.

Get in the cab - yay don't need to drive in this crazy city - and we head off.  It was the absolute worse cab drive ever.  I don't think the guy had any clue where we were going and so he's looking at the map, while driving, trying to figure it out.  I asked him if he was going to read that thing the whole way.  He tells me that we're not on the highway yet so it's fine.  WHAT?  I'm about ready to tell him to pull over and let me out - besides the fact that it's Chicago at 10:30 at night and he has all the windows in the whole cab open.  I'm freezing to death.  I had to ask him to raise them.  So he did - the back ones.  Then he had to pay a toll, so he lowered the back window before realizing that it was his that needed to go down - did he raise it back up again?  Nope.  I had to ask him again.  I was never so happy to arrive at my hotel.

Finally got settled in my room around 11:45 and it was off to bed for me.  The meeting starts at 7 tomorrow and I have to be in the lobby at 6:30 - the morning is starting early. 

No comments:

Post a Comment