Howdie Family and Friends - here are the going ons in the life of me. Stew shows up frequently. My family and friends visit a lot. My nieces and nephews are represented throughout. It's all about me and how I'm traveling along in this thing I call my life.

Monday, March 26, 2012

Journal: March 26, 2012

Doctors, doctors and more doctors.

Believe it or not, Stew is still sick.  I had an appointment with the psychologist this morning and then following that, we took Stew to Patient First.  The doc there thinks he has some kind of viral infection and he's on day three of it.  Typically, people start to feel better around day 4 after being hit with a viral infection and Stew's on day 3 today (or four if you count Thursday night) - so the doctor gave him an antibiotic just in case this doesn't turn the corner.  We're not going to get the prescription filled until we see how he's feeling.

My psychologist is going to work on getting me a new counselor now that my beloved Paula has left me for greener pastures.  I don't think I'll find anyone like Paula - but not going to therapy isn't a good idea for me, so I need to find someone.  She also talked about this new genetic testing that is being done for people who suffer from depression.  Like every one who has ever had any kind of mental health problem knows, when they first start prescribing medication it's like taking a shot in the dark.  Apparently, this new genetic testing that they're performing will help clinicians to make better decisions regarding whether or not the drugs chosen will have the desired effect.  It costs $600, but if it can figure that out, I think it would be worth it.  It's pretty interesting stuff to say the least. 

Information I've taken from their website :

http://www.genomind.com/products/assay

How the Genecept Assay Works


Genecept Assay

The Genecept™ Assay is an integrated approach that analyzes neurotransmitter variations to help the clinician arrive at informed and differentiated therapeutic decisions. Our assay combines a proprietary panel of biomarker tests and an analytical report. The Genecept Assay is coupled with emerging education and information concerning mood disorders and pharmacogenomics.

Patients should discuss with their clinician whether the Genecept test is right for them.

Gene guided assay-based tests like the Genecept Assay offer a paradigm shift in the manner in which psychotropic agents are prescribed. This technology quickly provides clinicians with existing as well as new information to help them better understand the biochemistry of their patient. And ideally, patient quality of life will significantly improve.

The targets included in our assay are: Serotonin Transporter; Glutamate; Dopamine; Metabolism

________________________________

Otherwise, she's going to keep everything the same and I'll see her in six months.

I played in the scraproom some and Stew and I watched Pawn Stars.

I heard a McDonald's ad on my way back from the doctor.  It said, "Do you consider running late a form of exercise?"  Hell, that's sometimes the only exercise I get.  I wish it counted for more - I'd be skinning in a minute, well maybe two minutes, since I'd be running late.

I beat Stew's score in Word Search today!  HA - go me!

Stew wanted pot pies for dinner.  I said, "there's some in the freezer."  He goes up, comes back down.  "No there's not."  I walk upstairs, move one thing and want to throw the damn things at his head.  What is with men and their inability to move things when they look for something.  It's ridiculous.

I'm getting some followers on You Tube - that's awesome.

I so need to re-establish my routine.  All out of whack, that's for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment