Howdie Family and Friends - here are the going ons in the life of me. Stew shows up frequently. My family and friends visit a lot. My nieces and nephews are represented throughout. It's all about me and how I'm traveling along in this thing I call my life.

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Journal, March 20, 2012


First day of Spring.  Allergies suck.  Another blah day around here.  Being bored at work doesn’t suit me.  My manager is back in the office on Thursday and I’m going to have to talk to him about this.  I need some stuff to do.

McDonalds for dinner tonight followed by a 7-11 run – this sure as hell isn’t getting me back in my cute clothes or ready for the damn 5K I want to run in May.  I have two months.  I think I should start by going back to eating things that aren’t full of sugar for breakfast.  As much as I love you Peaches and Cream instant oatmeal, you’re not doing anything for my metabolism.  And for the love of all that is holy, I need to start doing Zumba in the morning again.  It sets off the whole day.  Need to make the meal plan, go to the grocery store and get back on track.  Yes, must.

Cause tonight I wanted Red Hots and there must have been a run on them.  7-11 didn’t have them.  Walgreens’ shelves were bare – so because I’m a sugar addicted fiend, I searched high and low and what did I find – bags of mixed candy.  There are only two small boxes of Red Hots in each bag – so I had to buy four bags.  There’s something wrong with me.  LOL.


While I was out I got fuel in Stew’s car.  Holy crap gas is getting expensive.  I hardly notice because when I get fuel, I’m not normally the one paying for it.  Sheesh - $60 to fill up and you know Stew’s car wasn’t on E – it was at a quarter of a tank – Stew’s normal threshold for a fill up.  Not mine of course but I felt like being nice to him.  Who knows when that might happen again.  HA!

Got pretty much caught up on the DVR tonight – another thing we’re not supposed to be doing.  Grrrrr.  Making plans is easy, sticking to them – yeah nope.  I think the funniest thing about tv watching tonight didn’t even occur on any of the shows we watched, though there were two episodes of Archer in there – my goodness, I love the not political correctness of that show, but the funniest thing was Jack Dagger – the impalement artist of the year.  I kid you not, this is an actual thing.  Who knew?  Here’s ol’ Jack.


There’s so much I didn’t know about the world before reality tv came along…

The Project Runway from last week was a complete let down.  A completely wasted show.  I really just watch to see the runway, not the drama and diva behavior that goes on while these people are designing.  

And the writers for How I Met Your Mother is killing my show – Barney a monogamous male – please, I watch for his womanizing, heartless ways.  

Also watched tonight’s episode of NCIS LA – I love Deeks.  

Called mom and dad tonight to make plans for this weekend.  We’re on for Saturday and I’m excited to see them.  We haven’t seen them in awhile.  Stew emailed them after I spoke with them to suggest some things to do on Saturday and he missed the A on the end of my name so the email read “Gin suggested…”  I said, Gin, really – he said, “I’m drunk on your love.”  Oh, please make the corniness stop.  

Can’t believe the outcome of the appeal hearing for the 48 team today.  Only penalty left is the 100K fine – Johnson gets the points back and Chad’s suspension is lifted.  Wow is all I can say, didn’t see that coming.  I’m glad, since Chad’s my favorite.  LOL.  Tony’s my driver, but Chad’s my CC.

I did something today that I never do – I skipped two books in the new series I started to read in order to get to the book I really want to read (Whispers in the Dark).  Started it this morning.  It’s got a supernatural kind of twist to it which so far is okay.  I hope she doesn’t get too kooky with it.  

The new Brockmann book is out today.  I pre-ordered it in November and then promptly forgot about it.  Lovely surprise.  I know the writing will be good, hers always is – I just hope that the concept of the book isn’t off putting.  I normally don’t like futuristic stuff.  We’ll see.  And only one more week until JR Ward’s new book – that one I’m super excited about, but after the disappointment of the much anticipated Showalter book, I don’t want to get my hopes up too high.  Cause Showalter’s book was awful.
Off to bed to read – too late again.  Stew and I so definitely need to get on our schedule. 

No comments:

Post a Comment