Howdie Family and Friends - here are the going ons in the life of me. Stew shows up frequently. My family and friends visit a lot. My nieces and nephews are represented throughout. It's all about me and how I'm traveling along in this thing I call my life.

Friday, March 30, 2012

Fast Fact Friday, March 30, 2012


1.  What is your earliest memory?

My earliest memory is a little unclear.  I'm sitting on a bed in a hotel room and I'm playing with a child's make up set putting blush on my mom.  It was one of those plastic sets, no real make up.  I think that the balcony of our room looks over the ocean and it may have been Atlantic City.  My Aunt Margaret and my father's mother was there, as well.

2.  What hair style did you wear when you about 10 years old?

My mom's hair never left the 70s and when she did my hair when I was a kid, neither did I.  Tease it up and then tease it some more.

3.  What was one of your favorite recess activities?

I remember sitting on the window ledges outside playing Miss Mary Mack Mack.  There were a lot of hand movements that went along with it. We also played dodge ball a lot.

Miss Mary Mack Mack Mack
All dressed in black, black, black
With silver buttons, buttons, buttons
All down her back, back, back.

She asked her mother, mother, mother
For 50 cents, cents, cents
To see the elephants, elephants, elephants
Jump over the fence, fence, fence.

They jumped so high, high, high
They reached the sky, sky, sky
And they didn't come back, back, back
'Til the 4th of July, ly, ly!

4.  Who was your favorite teacher?

 Ms. Watson - 6th grade English, without a doubt.  She made an everlasting impression and the values she taught me I carry with me today.

5.  What was one of the funniest styles or outfits you sported as a kid?

I had this turquoise corduroy skirt and this turquoise and black print sweater that I'd wear with white tights and black shoes.  I thought it was so cute - I think back on it now.  My goodness.  And let's not talk about middle and high school.  I am a child of the late 80s after all.  Slouch socks, cuffed jeans (I've seen people cuffing their jeans now - is that coming back?), high topped tennis shoes, ack!!!  The memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment