Howdie Family and Friends - here are the going ons in the life of me. Stew shows up frequently. My family and friends visit a lot. My nieces and nephews are represented throughout. It's all about me and how I'm traveling along in this thing I call my life.

Sunday, June 10, 2012

POTD: June 9, 2012

(Picture taken by Stew)

Of course, Stew would take time to take a picture of a giant potato.  I think that's one serving size for him.  It's the National Idaho Potato Tour.

You can find out more information about this tour here.

Here's some interesting facts they include on their website:

Trivia. This Tater...

  • would take more than 10,000 years to grow.
  • weighs six tons (12,130 pounds), which is equal to 32,346 medium-sized Idaho® potatoes.
  • is 1,102 times heavier than the largest potato ever grown, which weighed 11 pounds.
  • would take 2 years and 9 months to bake.
  • would make 30,325 servings of mashed potatoes. Pass the gravy!
  • would easily make over 1,500,000 average-sized french fries.

The potato is residing in Glen Burnie, MD tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment