Howdie Family and Friends - here are the going ons in the life of me. Stew shows up frequently. My family and friends visit a lot. My nieces and nephews are represented throughout. It's all about me and how I'm traveling along in this thing I call my life.

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Journal: June 28, 2012

Typical workday around here.  Plenty of meetings.  I got assigned to a new study - whoohooo.  That's four now that I'm working on.  Unfortunately, none of them are keeping me busy enough....yet.  I have a feeling I'm going to be just about as busy as I can be in the coming weeks and I'm really happy about that.  It's hard to fill an eight hour work day when you really don't have much to accomplish.  This new study might allow me to monitor at Hopkins - how awesome is that. 

It's awesome to be involved in so many exciting things that are going on - I'm really loving my job right now.

Other than work, I spent time in the craft room putting together the new furniture.  The Expedit shelving unit was easier to put together than I thought it was going to be - though Stew had to finish it when he got home because I couldn't get the allen screws to go in.  Whoever, this allen guy was - he's a pain in the butt.  I like phillip and flathead much much better.

I put the desk together - epic fail.  Stew asked me while we were at Ikea how many legs it needed which I thought was a silly question - it's a desk, four legs, right?  Duh!  Yeah well, the dummy sign goes straight on my forehead since the desk needs five legs, not four.  Lovely.

Tearing the craft room apart has made the downstairs an obstacle course - the house is trashed anyway and I can't seem to find the motivation to clean it.  It's that overwhelmed feeling again.  When I get behind on keeping the house clean, it just piles up and then it's an all day long process and I just don't want to do it.  Stew and I are once again talking about hiring a cleaning service, but right now the house is so trashed I can't even get them to come give me an estimate.  I'm going to hope to get it cleaned up tomorrow.  *fingers crossed*

Stew got home from work, finished putting the bookshelf together while I was in the shower and then we had the Manwich he made for dinner last night while watching tv.  It just felt like a tv night, so I made the decision to just sit down and enjoy it.  We've been going, going, going for awhile - a night just vegging was exactly what we needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment