Howdie Family and Friends - here are the going ons in the life of me. Stew shows up frequently. My family and friends visit a lot. My nieces and nephews are represented throughout. It's all about me and how I'm traveling along in this thing I call my life.

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Journal: June 27, 2012

The big news of the day came from my brother Phill.  He called me early this afternoon and told me that he has a hamburger.  I had no idea what he meant, so I had to ask him to explain.  He said that he doesn't have a hotdog, he has a hamburger.  OHHHH!!  Now, I got it.  I'm so happy for them.  They've been waiting a long time for baby number two and they so hoped that it would be a girl - two wishes granted and on Christina's birthday, no less.  Even though this completely messes with my numbers (we're now 8 girls, 5 boys), I'm very happy and excited.  Baby is due in November and I'm hoping for the 2nd - I don't care what the official due date is.

Other than that, Stew and I both had doctor appointments today - me with the dentist to get my crown placed and him at the back doctor to see what's going on with this back pain he's having.  Turns out, the doctors don't think that his legs are two different lengths because his pelvis is parallel to the floor and if he has scoliosis they think it's very mild.  Official diagnosis is mild onset of arthritis.  My man is getting old.  The crown placement went fine - no issues, though it does feel a bit weird for now.

When I got home, I had mail from work - opened it up and there's a gift card in the mail.  Hmmm.  Turns out administration wanted to say thanks for the good job we've all been doing.  That's pretty special to me.

I worked on a slide presentation today for work for a new study to which I was assigned.  My first time developing slides for a presentation such as this - turned out very well, I thought.  Here's hoping my manager feels the same way.

I had my late meeting and then Stew and I went off to Ikea for the furniture for my craft room.  I got a 5x5 expedit, the attachable desk and a corner desk.  One of the things I really wanted to make sure was that my work space is very close to my computer space.  This should accomplish that.  I had to ride home in the back of the Vibe because the furniture wouldn't fit with the front passenger seat up and we didn't do a good job tying it to the roof, so I road in the back lying on the floor with my furniture.  Reminded me of when Steve and I bought the furniture for his room at the Dundalk house.

I can't wait to get the craft room set up in its new format.  That's a job for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment