Howdie Family and Friends - here are the going ons in the life of me. Stew shows up frequently. My family and friends visit a lot. My nieces and nephews are represented throughout. It's all about me and how I'm traveling along in this thing I call my life.

Friday, June 1, 2012

Journal, June 1, 2012

Ahh a new month.  I can barely believe that 2012 is half over.  That seems incredible to me. 

I got up at 4:30 today and got caught up on all of the web stuff I missed while I was out yesterday.  Nothing fascinating, that's for sure.

I came upstairs while Stew got ready for work and played crosswords - I think I'm addicted.

The pool continues to drain.  I hope that it's almost done by the time Phill gets here tomorrow.

I got all of my end of the month reports done for work and then had a staff meeting at 9.  Nothing exciting to report there either.  The sponsor of the study that I'm allocated to is having a meeting tomorrow to make decisions about the protocol.  I hope they get the ball rolling on that.  I'm anxious to get started.

12 days until Shawn comes home - whooohoooo. 

I haven't worked out as much as I would like this week and that's a bummer.  Scared of what that scale number is going to be on Monday.  ACK.  I think next week I'm going to change the routine a bit and do the Couch to 5K routine on Monday, Wednesday and Friday and do Zumba with strength training on Tuesday and Thursday.  I am still eating pretty well and I'm avoiding temptation - which isn't easy, but I'm doing it.  So at least that's sticking. 

I had to run down to Bel Air today to pick up ribs from BJ's.  Stew's going to show Phill how to use the smoker this weekend.  We figure he's working around our house, it's the least we can do.  While I was there, I picked up some stuff for me, too - like 5 hour energy drinks.  I'm going to have the M&Ms for a week, I'm gonna need 5 hour energy drinks.  Also got some laundry detergent (can't ever use that as an excuse for doing laundry), some cleaning gloves (I'm trying to work on my nails, so hopefully these gloves will keep them from breaking off while I'm cleaning), some body wash and shampoo for the kids and some vitamins as well as some swiffer sweeper thingys. 


I also went to Barnes and Noble - and they had my journaling book.  I was so happy to find it because I couldn't find it anywhere on line.  I like them to be lined and to have spiral rings so that it folds over on itself.  I found a bunch of them like that for my kids' journals too.  I haven't been doing very good at journaling in their books, so I'm just going to start over.

Got home shortly before Stew.  He didn't have a list for me today because he was really busy at work.  HE went to Qdoba for lunch and had a naked chicken burrito.  He was going to go to the auction tonight, but we have tornado warnings in our area so he decided to forego that.  So guess what we did....

TRUE BLOOD!  We went to bed with only 2 more episodes to watch.  I really think I want to order HBO to get the new season.  Stew won't let me, but I want to.

Phill and Christina came up to drop GEP off.  He's staying with us tonight to go to the NJ Renaissance Faire with us tomorrow.   He was pretty much asleep when he got here. 



We put him to bed in the guest room - he loved that.  He had the whole queen sized bed to himself.  When I checked on him before Stew and I went to bed he was sleeping horizontally across it.  Too cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment