Howdie Family and Friends - here are the going ons in the life of me. Stew shows up frequently. My family and friends visit a lot. My nieces and nephews are represented throughout. It's all about me and how I'm traveling along in this thing I call my life.

Monday, July 9, 2012

Journal: July 8, 2012

The day I had planned yesterday came to fruition today.  I woke up early, headed down to the craft room, turned on my New Age Pandora station and started working on my Project Life album - want to finish last week and my goal would be to keep the current weeks up to date and if I can get an older week done then maybe, just maybe, by the end of the year, I'll have the whole project complete - yeah, maybe.  I take on these projects with all kinds of enthusiasm and then life happens.  I guess it's about what you make time for - and I seem to be more interested in organizing the craft room than actually making anything in it.

Stew got up around 11 (even I slept in this morning - got up at 7:30!  That's late for me.)  and I asked him if he wanted to do something today or hang out around the house - he said he had to check the magic number, the magic number would tell him.  I asked him if he was checking the weather - he said yes.  He didn't like what he saw, so he decided that we'd hang around the house.  We're going to Georgia this coming weekend, so a weekend of rest was good with me.  So I literally spent the whole day in the craft room - and I didn't even finish one full week of Project Life - I get distracted.  I have Facebook open, Twitter open, my Google reader, email and then there's that damn Pinterest.  If I would just concentrate on what I'm doing and not what's going on with every one else.  I might damn well accomplish something.

Stew spent the day watching tv.  I'm not sure what he watched.  When I went in there at various times I saw Diners, Drive Ins and Dives, Mythbusters and I'm not even sure what else.

We had sandwiches for dinner since we found mayo and Miracle Whip in the cabinet.  I love sandwiches during the summer.

We did accomplish some household things - we took all of the laundry downstairs.  I haven't done laundry since Shawn and his family arrived - guess what I'll be doing all week.  Yeppers.

We planned our menu for the week and I'll send him the grocery list in a bit so he can stop there on his way home from work.

And we talked about getting ourselves back on track.  We set out our workout clothes and we were supposed to go to bed at 10 - I kind of ruined that.  Damn Pinterest.

So all in all a great relaxing weekend.  We won't have another one for awhile - so we take them when we can.

I did see something on Pinterest that is now on my wish list.

 http://www.activeforever.com/p-2287-eye-vac-pro-electric-dust-pan.aspx

Mount that in the kitchen - that would be awesome.  Or get a dog.  I swear my kitchen floor was never as clean as when Taz and Molly were here.

Only one other newsworthy thing today - apparently Kasey Kahne and Jimmie Johnson participated in a triathlon today.  Yeah, yeah, who cares - I surely don't, but when it produces eye candy - well then I care.  See below.  Kasey's ripped.

I stole the first picture from Jimmie Johnson's twitter feed.  The others come from Queers for Gears:

He credits Teresa Kelly - thank you Teresa, thank you!






No comments:

Post a Comment