Howdie Family and Friends - here are the going ons in the life of me. Stew shows up frequently. My family and friends visit a lot. My nieces and nephews are represented throughout. It's all about me and how I'm traveling along in this thing I call my life.

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Journal: July 24, 2012

I'm in Montreal tonight and let me tell you, I don't think I very much like this city.  Mostly, it's a language thing.  I can read French pretty well thanks to my 5 years of it during middle and high school, but to trnaslate it while people talk to me - that's a no go and Montreal is no where near as bilingual as the other parts of Canada that I have been to.  It's a good thing that I know the directions in French - East, West, North, South, or else getting to my hotel would have been a much more interesting adventure than it was.

I'm feeling like a road warrior in every sense of the word this week.  Airports, hotels, rental cars, taxi cabs, go, go, go, go.  Three different cities in three days in very geographically different places.  Insanity.  I haven't traveled like this in a long time.

I woke up this morning in Baltimore.  Went to the airport and hopped on a plane to Detroit.  Caught a taxi and headed to Ann Arbor for my visit.  Finished my visit - called the taxi to come take me back to the airport - waited, and waited, and waited, until finally he realized he was sitting at the wrong building.  Back to the airport, another plane, and land in Montreal.  Rental car, to the hotel room and I'm exhausted.  It's time for me to sleep.  At least tomorrow there's just a site visit.  No travel.

No comments:

Post a Comment